Pixelarts!

jmiki8

• 2 weeks later...

To breathe some life on this thread (since I seem to be the guy who does this on every single thread), here's a Gibson Les Paul guitar I'm working on:

x3:

KdH21qe.png

Original:

AyqWKxF.png

The peghead looks a little big and I think I could do better at the shadowing, but I like it as it is for now. I don't know how to do dithering without ruining my work, so I decided to use color transitions instead. It's not like I'm gonna be using any of this for a game or something.

Thanks! Today I actually finished it, rounding up the bottom of it and making the peghead look symmetric.

Here it is:

300%:

X2DkcbD.png

Original:

fY8vNvQ.png

Still getting the hang of Paint.NET. Despite not being able to mirror a selection and not having a spray tool, I think it's pretty cool for Pixel Art. :D

EDIT: I'm not a guitarist either. I was simply trying to show a friend how cool Pixel Art is and how you can paint anything you want. As a good guitarist, he asked me to draw Slash's Les Paul guitar.

http://mshowtv.com.ar/files/2011/04/P_SlashPhoto3.jpg
Edited by astropapi1

Nice! I'm unfamiliar with Paint.net, so I use mostly MS Paint. :)

I made my first good-looking (well, it actually resembles a plane) isometric plane (still WIP):

cdXi57U.png

It's not a replica of anything, just a simple jet airliner that came out of my mind.

Edited by jmiki8

Check this out! It's my first animation! :D (based on a character sprite I saw somewhere)

SBleTiH.gif

Nice! I'm unfamiliar with Paint.net, so I use mostly MS Paint. :)

I made my first good-looking (well, it actually resembles a plane) isometric plane (still WIP):

http://i.imgur.com/cdXi57U.png

It's not a replica of anything, just a simple jet airliner that came out of my mind.

That's awesome! I really love well-drawn isometric stuff. :)

Did the classic bouncing ball thing today.

ASseHbN.gif

Animating in Paint.NET is damn hard... You have to guesstimate the correct position and then use an external program (I use UnFREEz) to join the separate frames. Then correct any obvious mistakes, save all the images, make gif using external program, Rinse and repeat...

I tried using the free version of GraphicsGale, but the UI is horrible and I don't even think you can make animations with it. :(

• 3 months later...

April? Whoa, it's been a long time!

Thought I'd revive this thread with something nice. I'm getting back into Pixelart again, and made a couple of random character sprites, thought you'd like them. :)

uog407g.png (300%)

I plan to make some action .gifs for them; like crouching, idle, walking, and running. Who knows... I may use them if I ever decide to climb the steep learning curve of programming. An adventure/survival game perhaps? :D

-----[NOTE TO MODS]: I know it's been half a year since the last post, but this is the only Pixel Art thread and I'm adding relevant content, not just something like "+1", so there's no need to close the thread. Let's just call it "revival" instead of "necro". amirite?-----

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.