[Community Project] Let's Build A Universe Together

I.T Marcus

Let's Build A Universe Together

What is LBAUT?

Let's Build A Universe Together (LBAUT) is a community project I have started that will allow the KSP community to contribute and explore a whole new system, a system created by KSP fans for KSP fans

Interesting, how would such a project be operated?

The community will have the option do PM me (to avoid making the thread huge) to submit ideas of a planet or moon, etc. they have. Please note that not all ideas will be used, I would like to keep the system a bit realistic and not very random (rainbow moons). Voting may be used (still thinking about how to do this) to include certain features into the system.

Well what if I'm not very creative?

Well you can still contribute in a way you might see as awesome! There will be multiple threads set up as "child" threads to this one, for different options of how to contribute.

"Child" Thread Plans

Right now I have an idea that I'm still planning to make it the best as possible before just setting up a cluttered thread is the Exploration Tab! This will allow players who explore the system to name planets, features, etc. And contribute in other ways!

Edited by I.T Marcus
General Thread Update

I would love to see a gas giant with rings around it and small moons between the rings (Like Jupiter's, Uranus's, Neptune's and Saturn's rings and the small moons between them).

I'll try! Any names for your planet?

My guess would be names from Kerbal Mythology but i haven't found one(yet) i don't have a fitting name for the planet.

my guess would would be: Jebitor (Jupiter)

Kerbill (Kerbin/earth)

Saenus (Saturn)

If anyone else has great names for Kerbal Mythology names for planets i would be happy!

Here's a few ideas:

For big gas giants:

-"Kerthulu", the destroyer

-"Squaderon", the creator

-"Odo-bin", the timekeeper

-"Mianos", the bowel mover

For moons:

Inspired by Uranus' moons/Shakespeare!

-"Billerophon"

-"Jeberine"

-"Bobiel"

-"Puck"

A few random ones:

"Eep"

"Frothe"

"Sib"

Futurama names are also good!

-"Kif"

-"Leela"

-"Lrrr" (From the planet Omicron Perseii 8... which is also a good name!)

-"Turanga"

-"Elzar"

-"Nibbler"

...It's been a fun 5 minutes. Hope it helps!

Futurama names are also good!

-"Kif"

-"Leela"

-"Lrrr" (From the planet Omicron Perseii 8... which is also a good name!)

-"Turanga"

-"Elzar"

-"Nibbler"

I approve of these names! (loved futurama, sucked that it ended (again))

I would love to have a *couple* small moons with high gravity around kerbin... Or a big oxygen filled planet that orbits close to kerbin, tried doing it myself but I broke the game with the 'ScaleHeight' of skeltons atmosphere.

NAME IDEAS:

-Plankton

-Drip

-Skeo

-Jeblandia

-Karbo

I would love to see a HUGE gas giant, that is huge enough that it reales 5% more enrgy than gets from Sun (this precent of energy when orbit is height of kerbin's orbit), and a moon of it that is also a gas giant, but a much smaller one (like a bit smaller Neptune). Taht big one would be called Gamorin with size of probably two Jools and would be deep red (i love deep red gas giants), and that small one with radius of about half a Jool called Nitron would be consisted of some gas that is heavier than most gases of which gas giants are consisted. It wouldn't be helium, hydrogen or methane it would be mostly Nitrogen with some Neon (idk what colours would it have) :P. The rocky moons would be Basatar created when Moho in it's early days was splitted in half and most of lava was on Basatar half, then it cooled down forming a moon of 200 km radius consisting of almost completely basalt with some pumex on tops of mountains. The second rocky moon would be Fafpher, which had so low seismic activity and gravity high enough (half of a G!) that it has almost no mountains and it's highest mountain is 500 m high. It would be 300 km radius. Also a veeery small icy moon. Name- Hc-2241 (it was so small it was discovered only by a space telescope, and so not awesome that it is called procedurally) Radius- 4 km (small ain't it?) Colour- blue with some white (it is probably a part of Laythe's water or Kerbin's water) gravity- 0.0009 (sooo small gravity, i can't get it!). The enitre system would be placed a bit outwards of Eeloo's place in Kerbin system.

It's really hard to create the particles that goes from the star into the black hole, even harder is that it's almost impossible to make a binary-system in KSP for now.

All hope is not lost, Krag (the creator of CE: Planet Factory) has a binary star system example included in the file, Once I get more experienced with using configs and more comfortable with the mod this can be a really definite possibility :)

I would love to have a *couple* small moons with high gravity around kerbin... Or a big oxygen filled planet that orbits close to kerbin, tried doing it myself but I broke the game with the 'ScaleHeight' of skeltons atmosphere.

NAME IDEAS:

-Plankton

-Drip

-Skeo

-Jeblandia

-Karbo

here is some more

Leudius- Just a floating rock of a moon

Kreckle- much like duna and known for having lots of dust in the atmosphere which causes a crackling sound on reentry

Cleric- Laythe like, hosts ocean full of rocket fuel, low-ish gravity

Kagnus- Gas giant, 85% the size of Jool

Dervan- Rock planet with a single volcanic Olympus Mons Sized (before kerbal rescale) Mountain

I really appreciate everybody helping and adding their ideas to the pool; but I have some bad news to announce... I am moving to Pennsylvania in the next couple of months, but my computer and stuff is already over there at the moment so I will not be able to work on this add-on for you guys until I go there with them....or play KSP :'( But there is a chance that I could get a bit better internet when I actually do go over there (so I can watch some proper tuts)

Sorry for leaving you guys for so long in a crucial part of the development of this system... however, if any of you would like to work on/ create your planets,moon, asteroids, etc. yourselves and have them added into the add-on when I come back then that is totally awesome! I wish I could give you my current file but like I said it's already in pennsylvania, btw: I'm posting this via an Xbox 360 :l it sucks for this stuff lol

See you guys in a couple of months... and again I am REALLY SORRY to leave you guys right now :( bai

~Stay Shiny! (Original Quote from EE)

I once tried to create planets. It was going well until i started messing up with my save, and my computer almost got bluescreen (it was doing strange error noises).

But now i can't really do this, as it was my "holiday computer" which i have acces to only on holidays :P, but if i figure out how to make another directory for KSP and play it there with only Planet Factory i will try my best at creating those planets. *Salutes I.T Marcus and Space_Kraken*

:P this Comic Sans font is so starnge XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.