Suddenly... unbalanced

So, I've encountered a problem that I have absolutely no idea what's going on. :huh:

I have this ship in Vall orbit, roughly 150x150 km. Whenever I engage the engines with more than 0 thrust, it noses over (towards the right in the pictures below.)

Now, the ship is perfectly balanced - everything is mounted via symmetry. I was able to get it into orbit with its current configuration no problem. But now it's behaving poorly. :( I've tried focusing on different ships and back again, and I tried a full game restart. Still the imbalance persists. :huh:

Any ideas?

Notes:

* The monoprop tanks are all empty.

* the forward orange tank is half full, the other is completely full.

* All six nuke engines burn normally.

* There is no difference between the pods on the side of the ship. Except the one on the left has a single kerbal in it. The other is empty.

vw7rym4.png

BNh9AfC.png

3vD3ZWQ.png

Edited by zeppelinmage

Pump your fuel forward. Try to keep as much distance between your CoG and your engines as possible.

If your CoG is behind your engines their gimbal should be reversed but it isn't. Pushing the rear left when it should push right and up when it should push down. Forcing the CoG forward again should fix this.

Check your tanks at the bottom. I built a lander where one of the radial tanks simply would not drain, even though nothing was obstructing the fuel line. No idea why. Something similar may be happening here: fuel from the centre not getting to one of the engines. Check all those radial tanks to make sure they have the same amount of fuel in them.

Yes. As he confirmed eight hours ago it was indeed solved by pumping the fuel forward.
Someone woke up on the snippy side of the bed.

I will now commit seppuku to expiate the shame of having overlooked a post while attempting to help a fellow player.

Someone woke up on the snippy side of the bed.

I will now commit seppuku to expiate the shame of having overlooked a post while attempting to help a fellow player.

(points at avatar) Would that be a banana split?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.