Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Dunno. It shouldn't do that if you reenter right, I've put it into a flat spin a few times, but that was just me being bad at flying it. As I said, flight procedures are not yet worked out. I noticed it generally happens if you mess with controls too much at hypersonic speeds.

OK then, the Shuttle-Mir thingy shouldn't be too hard to do. The pallet behind it though...I'll use my 1:72 4D Vision space shuttle for reference.

EDIT: I probably won't be able to do this very quickly, as I have recently had a concussion and was told by three separate doctors to minimize the time I spend looking at screens.

EDIT-2: Can I share my progress in this thread, or should I make a separate one?

Get well soon!

Explorer would be better than Exploder.

I know, but it has already been used in the movie "Gravity" and it's the first name I thought of, which means it's blatant.

This name is a bit unorthodox, but in the kerbal context it might be a neat play-on-words.

I'm open to other suggestions, possibly that haven't been used elsewhere

Bah, just make a few of these, including the Explorer, Exploder and the original, flown 5. Oh, and the Enterprise, too. Which reminds me, if anyone wants to model the testing/protective tailcone which could be mounted over SSMEs for transport/drop testing, I'd include it, too.

Bah, just make a few of these, including the Explorer, Exploder and the original, flown 5. Oh, and the Enterprise, too. Which reminds me, if anyone wants to model the testing/protective tailcone which could be mounted over SSMEs for transport/drop testing, I'd include it, too.

That'd be so cool :)

Ok, I'll do all the original orbiters, for starters (not including the mock-up ones, which I don't remember the names of ) and I'll see to placing the flag decals, which I thought about doing, actually

The full-scale orbiters were: Pathfinder (mock-up), Enterprise (glide test article), Columbia, Challenger, Discovery, Atlantis, Endeavour. I would also include Constitution and Kitty Hawk, which were proposed names, but never used.

Remove the CANADARM and try again. Romfarer is still working on a fix for the robotic arms, and until he's done with it, this will happen.

It seems that Romfarer's figured out the way to fix the arms. Hopefully, plugin will soon be updated and they'll be usable again.

This look cool. A name for the shuttle, though. What about Krakenslayer or Krakensbane?

ಠ_ಠ                  

So, Dragon1, you wrote that had done the FAR configs for the Buran, so I checked how it was configured, intending to do a sorta-working config for this. But... I can't the place where the FAR compat stuff for the Buran is buried. Do I just not understand how FAR compat works? Maybe I should actually read up on what all those parameters are.

Hello

I asked in Romfarer's thread but got no reply.

I will try it here :

I want to ask you what is this " it is broken " thing that everybody means with the Robotick Arms pack ? I have my own experience and maybe everybody here mean this: I am using CSS Shuttle mod ( Dragoon01) to build my space station. I am docked with my css shuttle with my first half of the Space station. I opened the cargo bay and with the Robotic arm I am grabbing the next part of Space station which is put in the CSS shuttle cargo bay.. I pressed caps lock ( but I am not sure if SAS is on or off) and now slowly putting the part out of cargo bay. But after some time the whole station together with CSS shuttle start spinning and rotating lke crazy. So maybe guys yyou mean this ?

And somehow I have a problem to load Space Shuttle plain. I upgraded my KSP to 0.23.5 and well it is showing me that some parts are missing. Which I do not think is the case as I was just updating the game nothing else.

Some hint maybe ?