Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

I believe he was saying that no CSS RO Version for 1.0 was in development yet since the development of RO 1.0 has not been completed yet, mister RSS ;) Get to it! Haha

Hey, NathenKell...aren't YOU in charge of that? ;)

Hey guys, looking forward to the next release! I have been working on a contract pack for contract configurator based on the STS missions, I intend on releasing this at the same time that the CSS is released.. Only 15 missions in so far but hopefully I will get to at least 50 missions, not really sure what to do for STS-51-L or STS-107 though :/

Hey guys, looking forward to the next release! I have been working on a contract pack for contract configurator based on the STS missions, I intend on releasing this at the same time that the CSS is released.. Only 15 missions in so far but hopefully I will get to at least 50 missions, not really sure what to do for STS-51-L or STS-107 though :/

Well you can do two things. Make a memorial description when those missions come and complete the missions as intended. It would be a nice tribute while being respectful. Or probably an easier option would to be skip over them and address it tastefully in the download description.

So, how has the update gone? I haven't heard any feedback from any of the mod developers lately.

Youre not gonna hear from dragon. Look back on the last page Kartiffuechen posted on his behalf. It's just gonna take a little time.

Well you can do two things. Make a memorial description when those missions come and complete the missions as intended. It would be a nice tribute while being respectful. Or probably an easier option would to be skip over them and address it tastefully in the download description.

I agree! I was thinking the same thing!

I am aware its gonna take some time to fix this project officially. However has anyone on here developed some way to get it working in the meantime? Module Manager configs, redesigns etc.? Just curious I am sure there will a large amount of very appreciative people who would love any fixes for this as a stop gap between now and the official release.

I have managed to get it mostly working in my 1.0.2 by .cfg editing tonight, I can upload my progress with a craft file possibly tomorrow if I can fix a few more bits and pieces. added tweaks for the updated aero/heating model

Happy to help out anyone who enjoys using the shuttle like i do... I have all the nodes fixed and the parts model is now compatible and useable. can upload it tonight. Just needs a rework on its landing gear animation and aerodynamics because it didnt fly back to ground too well when I tested it. Just too bad I have work during the day. So basically put the folders in the zip file in your game data folder like normal

Happy to help out anyone who enjoys using the shuttle like i do... I have all the nodes fixed and the parts model is now compatible and useable. can upload it tonight. Just needs a rework on its landing gear animation and aerodynamics because it didnt fly back to ground too well when I tested it. Just too bad I have work during the day. So basically put the folders in the zip file in your game data folder like normal

so happy you did this, cant wait to test it

It wont be as good as the original developers one I just want to get it functional for now, but will keep working on it until the proper release is out. I will release it tonight in the state that its in so you can atleast have a play with it

It wont be as good as the original developers one I just want to get it functional for now, but will keep working on it until the proper release is out. I will release it tonight in the state that its in so you can atleast have a play with it

You never know maybe someone can pass along your fixes to dragon and he can use them as a launch point for his fixes. You never know maybe your fixes are better. Just fyi you sir are a steely eyed missile man.......if your fixes work.

cant wait :D

its 3am and I think I finally got it workable enough. it took a bit of learning, had to change a lot of the files. at this stage it only has the default textures.

call it a ksp 1.0.2 beta version.

I will continue to fix things over time but here it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvin3zcsm4dbaeq/CSS%201.0.2.zip?dl=0

I have not tried the shuttle in space yet but managed to land it a few times.

...so feel free to test it for me and let me know what the bigger faults are and I can try fix those.

until then, im Mike Q, fly safe

Yes thanks for the heads up. engines dont currently have the advanced thrust controller to simulate the real thing like the 0.9 one did. I will impliment that tonight and readjust to suit new aero model. Just dont get used to how it is because things will change. Aalso I notice its nose heavy on landing and shoots back into the air if you hard land it. And iy seems to spin alot on re entry. Not sure about FAR compatibility. Also it might pay to delete the old version from gamedata before using this. Just incase of any issues

Quick note mine also when you revert to launch the cockpit gets tiny and the only way to fix it is to goo to the vab and back to launch

That's because he changed the scaling using rescalefactor instead of scale in the model nodes. If you use a model node rescalefactor has to be 1, if it is anything else but 1 the part scale will go FUBAR when you go to the pad, revert, load a save or basically do anything outside of the VAB. If you want to change the scale it has to be INSIDE the model node definition using scale = x,y,z.

Hmm interesting. Is it just the cockpit? I will adjust asap. I may have the scale and rescale mixed up as the original mod also used rescaling 1.5x in the cfg's aswell. Thanks for the advice

Edited by Mike-NZ

Thanks, will fix that today too for the next release. Will upload the modified cfg's that will overwrite yours so you dont have to download the whole thing again and also a full pack for those who havent yet downloaded it yet. Hopefully in the next 12 hours...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for testing it guys. Havent had much time myself