Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

For a game about going to space, the one mod that does the Space Shuttle well is, for some reason, the one with the most troubles. You'd think that it'd be one of the most popular mods around but nooo... Maintainers are being banned, people are abandoning it left, right and centre.. Just seems weird to me, that such an iconic part of space travel is having trouble getting into a game about space travel.

For a game about going to space, the one mod that does the Space Shuttle well is, for some reason, the one with the most troubles. You'd think that it'd be one of the most popular mods around but nooo... Maintainers are being banned, people are abandoning it left, right and centre.. Just seems weird to me, that such an iconic part of space travel is having trouble getting into a game about space travel.

*sigh* Will SOMEONE please just get on this and just stay with it for the long haul?!

I am not sure if you guys are reading through the posts or not, but Dragon is still working on it. Just not on this site anymore. He is waiting for the new model and will work from there (if i am not mistaking).

So it's not dead, just slowed in development.

Waiting for a new model?

Yes, for a game about space, NOT having a viable shuttle is quite strange, noting however that the Space Shuttle is a wildly complex bird to perform correctly. That and this program is being developed as a game, not a simulator. As such, you get a different crowd as it's main audience, not the usual 'replica/simulator' crowd.

Now, people are banned for a reason, not just willy nilly. The fact that it was a maintainer or developer should not matter. Break the rules. Good-bye. People abandoning it, well raidernick tried to help and was met with loads of grief that IMO was undeserved. I don't blame him for bowing out.

Yes, for a game about space, NOT having a viable shuttle is quite strange, noting however that the Space Shuttle is a wildly complex bird to perform correctly. That and this program is being developed as a game, not a simulator. As such, you get a different crowd as it's main audience, not the usual 'replica/simulator' crowd.

Now, people are banned for a reason, not just willy nilly. The fact that it was a maintainer or developer should not matter. Break the rules. Good-bye. People abandoning it, well raidernick tried to help and was met with loads of grief that IMO was undeserved. I don't blame him for bowing out.

Hear, hear I could not have said it better myself.

Honestly? I don't think that was the reason.

RaiderNick didn't have the new model, and Jovzin is going to be making it for Dragon01's version anyway. So he saw no reason in maintaining this if someone else was going to do it and it would be better.

Honestly? I don't think that was the reason.

RaiderNick didn't have the new model, and Jovzin is going to be making it for Dragon01's version anyway. So he saw no reason in maintaining this if someone else was going to do it and it would be better.

Better ? RaiderNick does Great work and would have had it done far faster.

He wouldn't be getting the new model though. It's just going to be easier on everybody.

That's absolutely not true. Now we have to wait for jovzin to finish and maybe sometime in the next few months Dragon will work on it. Raidernick had stuff done!! He would have had this thing going before the middle of January. He deleted his posts. The work he had done already was 10x more than dragon had done in half a year. I'm sorry Nathan but this thread has no defined leader. However this is my last post on the matter of this mod lives the so be it I personally don't care anymore. You guys pushed a great modder off the project because of some unexplainable loyalty to Dragon. Raidernick is a modder and has done fantastic things AND had permission to take over the mod. But you guys want tepid maintaince from dragon. So what ever happens will happen now. Im done with this thread until something happens. Happy Holidays to all.

That's absolutely not true. Now we have to wait for jovzin to finish and maybe sometime in the next few months Dragon will work on it. Raidernick had stuff done!! He would have had this thing going before the middle of January. He deleted his posts. The work he had done already was 10x more than dragon had done in half a year. I'm sorry Nathan but this thread has no defined leader. However this is my last post on the matter of this mod lives the so be it I personally don't care anymore. You guys pushed a great modder off the project because of some unexplainable loyalty to Dragon. Raidernick is a modder and has done fantastic things AND had permission to take over the mod. But you guys want tepid maintaince from dragon. So what ever happens will happen now. Im done with this thread until something happens. Happy Holidays to all.

What would you rather? A broken model that makes it harder for us to work with, or wait for a new model that will look better, fly better, and be MUCH easier for us to use and update. Nobody pushed him off, he left on his own. Stop blaming this on something that it shouldn't be blamed on. I honestly don't care who works on it as long as we get the new model, which is why I'm going with Dragon01. If raidernick was getting it, then I'd be going with him. This shall also be my last post on the matter. Let's just wait and see what Dragon01 does.

Hey There!

I´m very impressed of the mod you created here!

I already had downloaded the mod long times ago... i think it was the very first version.

Now i would like to play the latest version but i can´t find any download link in the thread:(

maybe somebody could post it again...

Thanks!