Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Hi guys been reading the thread and it seems the guy in charge is updating or in the process of update the mod for 0.90. I've download the shuttle on the from the front page and I'm having a few isssues. The wheels don't work and I can't open the cargo bay, am I just being silly or were they not working? Is it possible someone could link me to the newest update of this shuttle? Or is the newest one still on the front page?

Cheers and thanks very much for the mod so far :D

Hi guys been reading the thread and it seems the guy in charge is updating or in the process of update the mod for 0.90. I've download the shuttle on the from the front page and I'm having a few isssues. The wheels don't work and I can't open the cargo bay, am I just being silly or were they not working? Is it possible someone could link me to the newest update of this shuttle? Or is the newest one still on the front page?

You need the latest version of Firespitter https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter

You need the latest version of Firespitter https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter

I might also add that Dragon01 is in the process of moving the location of this mod to a new website that is still to be announced (to my knowledge at least)

Brilliant I'm running 0.25 but I can't find a firespitter plugin that works. Is there one?

I put a version of firespitter for 0.25 in my dropbox just now for ya. It should work.

Here you go --> Linky (removed)

Edited by Master Tao

Because so many people come into threads fail to read the last couple of pages, they then download from that link, then complain bitterly that the firespitter plugin isnt working on there 0.90 version, its just safer this way

Edited by Virtualgenius

Because so many people come into threads fail to read the last couple of pages, they then download from that link, then complain bitterly that the firespitter plugin isnt working on there 0.90 version, its just safer this way

Yes I did make a little bobo there! I figured it was not going to be a problem because I specified that it was for use in 0.25.

However, it was because of violation of the redestribution rules (for those who were curious) (-:

OK I have searched this thread, the net, EVERYWHERE!!!

The Engine mount catches fire and EXPLODES right after launch. The tail, RS-25's, and OMS bells survive this. It happens EVERY TIME I launch this bugger! I throttled down however the temp point is far below the 1:1 ratio. So this ....... wont get into orbit. I am at wits end, ... is going on here?

Hmm I tried the current shuttle. Crap it is a nightmare sometimes. I have thie KM Gimbal plugin and KM_gimbal plugin for mechjeb. But the last stage of the ascent or randevousz using MechJeb is hell. Those last 0.5m/s are terrible. Doing it for 5 minutes. I had to throttle down the OMS engines to 20 so I can somehow achieve those 0,5m/s with Mechjeb.

I have really a lot of work to do in front of me as I see it. I want this new shuttle to fly very very well. And not to do the last 0,5m/s for 10 minutes.

Edited by Jovzin
typos

Hmm I tried the current shuttle. Crap it is a nightmare sometimes. I have thie KM Gimbal plugin and KM_gimbal plugin for mechjeb. But the last stage of the ascent or randevousz using MechJeb is hell. Those last 0.5m/s are terrible. Doing it for 5 minutes. I had to throttle down the OMS engines to 20 so I can somehow achieve those 0,5m/s with Mechjeb.

I have really a lot of work to do in front of me as I see it. I want this new shuttle to fly very very well. And not to do the last 0,5m/s for 10 minutes.

When I did rendezvous (in .25), I just got the shuttle close enough that I could highlight and click on a docking port for docking... after that, it's smooth sailing

- - - Updated - - -

Will Dragon also be maintaining the ISS and russian mods on his new website?

From what I could tell, I think he is! (someone PLEASE say I'm right?)

Make sure you are using the Straight OMS engines and not the ones that say Left and Right. You will be able to us mech jeb then. See my Shuttle videos in my channel below.

No idea.

And I am doing some modifications to the model. Did not like how I cut it for the first time. So right now doing more clearer and nicer cuts to the model. And created the RCS holes as Dragon wanted them really badly :D

SG5B4KHl.jpg

No idea.

And I am doing some modifications to the model. Did not like how I cut it for the first time. So right now doing more clearer and nicer cuts to the model. And created the RCS holes as Dragon wanted them really badly :D

http://i.imgur.com/SG5B4KHl.jpg

Ok, cool! I put development on my youtube series on hold to wait for the updated model Just found a good recorder and will be using my dad's mic

Good to see the Space Shuttle is getting it's upgrades! Should we really be calling it the Component Space Shuttle anymore, or are some of the original models still being used?

It should really be given a new name at this point. its basically a complete overhaul.

This is their opportunity to make a name for themselves.