Mun Landings

Javster

Have you landed and returned a Kerbal on the Mun?  

1. 1. Have you landed and returned a Kerbal on the Mun?

I have had many mission to Mun and back. once I figured out to use Minmus as a training for landing (it is very forgiving) I was able to perfect my technique so I did not crash half my landers and have to send a rescue mission. Now I only get stuck on Mun when testing a new rocket designed or not paying attention and I run out of fuel.

9C5D890C8372C39990D48B37207DC5539187FBA5

Edited by Nepos
Found on of my landing pics

About finishing up my campaign of getting samples from every single biome. Which you have to do twice per biome to get close to 100% (unless someone knows a trick to do it in one visit).

You could try using two cockpits, see if you can put one sample in one and a second from the same biome in a second.

I'm going to try this and report back here.

Keep in mind that the population set is highly skewed because people who are active forum users are much more likely to be competent. Interest in participating in the forums is directly related to in-game capability, someone who can't yet perform a Mun landing isn't likely to be participating in forum discussions.

Honestly, I stopped counting my Mun landings a LONG time ago... It was added not long after I started playing, and for the longest time it was one of the only places you COULD go. Even after the solar system expanded, the Mun was an easy target. The addition of so many new craters somewhat recently only made it more fun to do so.

Keep in mind that the population set is highly skewed because people who are active forum users are much more likely to be competent. Interest in participating in the forums is directly related to in-game capability, someone who can't yet perform a Mun landing isn't likely to be participating in forum discussions.

That is true. Also maybe people who haven't landed on the Mun wouldn't care about a "Mun Landings" thread

Also they might be intimidated by the 35 people who all landed...

So true and sad because when I first started just coming here and doing a quick search you find a ton of useful info to get your space program going. The game can be frustrating but once you understand it you start challenging yourself because you can do the basics like a Mun landing.

I think that many people are forced to go to the Mun early on, maybe as a rite of passage, a goal, practice for larger missions. But whatever you do it for, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn't landed and came back yet.

I think that many people are forced to go to the Mun early on, maybe as a rite of passage, a goal, practice for larger missions. But whatever you do it for, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn't landed and came back yet.

Maybe if I went in the New Players section, I'd find mostly people who haven't yet (although some land on the Mun in the demo before buying the game or joining the forums)

I've landed more on Minmus, but yeah, I can make it to the Mun and back. Contemplating whether my next mission from my Minmus station should be another local biome-hop, or a quasi-Apollo-style Munshot.

I do it every now and then just to keep in practice, in fact I landed there first before Minmus. While Minmus is more forgiving I feel Mun is where you should start for the shear challenge, but that is just me.

The mun and minmus are easy for me. I'm at the point where I want to build a vessel to go to Duna. I've landed on Duna before but never came back since I just stopped playing for awhile, and then .22 and .23 came out.

Many, MANY times.. keep in mind i started in 0.16 and with each update i started anew..

NaeC0k5.png

This is just my latest endevour, still few more Biomes left, only marked the main biomes with flags, but done in this game many more mun landings, mostly for kethane extration.

By now, i dont even have to give an efford to land on the mün and go back to the kerbin, this is just for me a routine flight with no challenges anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.