How did find this game?

virtualgames32

I was fresh off of playing BARIS and was googling space simulators. I happened upon wikipedia\'s list of games and downloaded the one that caught my eye. The one I didn\'t already have. The rest of the story can be found exploding on my screen.

Yogscast (I don\'t watch everything they post, just bits and pieces; tbh I don\'t look on youtube that much lately, this video I clicked on because it said ... Space ... and I said 'Well something with space right? let\'s see it')

Then I saw Kurtjmac made videos on the game too.

Yogscast (I don\'t watch everything they post, just bits and pieces; tbh I don\'t look on youtube that much lately, this video I clicked on because it said ... Space ... and I said 'Well something with space right? let\'s see it')

Then I saw Kurtjmac made videos on the game too.

Yogscast

Yogscast

YOGNAUGHT! YOGNAUGHT! RUN AWAY!

Guest GroundHOG-2010

YOGNAUGHT! YOGNAUGHT! RUN AWAY!

We can\'t get away fast enough.

Seriously though, the reason why we don\'t like the yogscast is because the influx of people downloading the game lead to some very poor server issues (mainly that you almost crashed our forums for 5-6 days. Also a large percentage of us see most Yognaughts as the people who have the louder voices and opinions that differ from the original community. Nova has a graph (probably 2-3) explaining it in more detail.

From 4chan.

Embarrassing, I know. At least, the thread was on /m/ and not on /v/ or /a/.

(I don\'t even go NEAR /b/...)

Glad you asked. I heard about KSP last Fall from this black-clad Asian geek chick / gamer girl in one of the classes at my college

How come we don\'t get any of these her...

(In fact she seemed to descend into spending all her time playing WoW and discussing anime/manga with some very unkempt gamer dudes. Her loss)

...uh, maybe not exactly what I was expecting...

We can\'t get away fast enough.

Seriously though, the reason why we don\'t like the yogscast is because the influx of people downloading the game lead to some very poor server issues (mainly that you almost crashed our forums for 5-6 days. Also a large percentage of us see most Yognaughts as the people who have the louder voices and opinions that differ from the original community. Nova has a graph (probably 2-3) explaining it in more detail.

That happens to every single game they look at - honestly if they didn\'t post it first I would\'ve seen the game from Kurtjmac.

Not to mention that honestly most people watching are just trolls -_-

@thorfinn,

Quote from: closette on February 09, 2012, 07:48:47 AM

Glad you asked. I heard about KSP last Fall from this black-clad Asian geek chick / gamer girl in one of the classes at my college...

How come we don\'t get any of these her[e]...

Do you want me to ask her??? :)

From 4chan.

Embarrassing, I know. At least, the thread was on /m/ and not on /v/ or /a/.

(I don\'t even go NEAR /b/...)

How come we don\'t get any of these her...

...uh, maybe not exactly what I was expecting...

Funny, I got here from a chan too! Though not 4chan. 420chan all the way for me. :D

@Caesar15,

Not sure what you want me to ask. First she\'ll be surrounded by unwashed WoW/D&D dudes (I don\'t know, they have cards and dice or something not related to space physics) who provide a fairly high potential barrier to me or anyone else of the female persuasion.

Second, once inside the group of gawking guys (ew!) it would sound a bit cultish of me to say 'Remember me, and that space program game you told me about FOUR MONTHS ago..... COME JOIN US!'. While I\'m at it I could spike my hair and wear combat boots like her as well, just to freak her out even more. Hmm, not such a great idea (for me) after all!

@Caesar15,

Not sure what you want me to ask. First she\'ll be surrounded by unwashed WoW/D&D dudes (I don\'t know, they have cards and dice or something not related to space physics) who provide a fairly high potential barrier to me or anyone else of the female persuasion.

Is D&D still so much stereotyped in the States?

\'Round these parts, it\'s nerdy, yes, but not really a big deal...

Didn\'t mean to offend D&D afficionados - I\'ve no idea what those people at my college are playing or talking about, which is ignorant of me, but they are what they are independent of what they are playing. Could it be Magic the Gathering now I come to think of it? All I know is I\'m not getting close enough to find out! (And that there are no SRBs involved).

Certainly, not all nerds are alike, e.g. if 3 people made and wore Kerbal cosplay outfits at this year\'s Comic-con, IMHO that would be awesome! And (to bring this thread back on track) it would be great advertising for the game as well).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.