[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

timmers_uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dynamic ambient light level feature

It's a really cool mod, but there is a way to make much better. If ambient light is switched to 0-1% at daytime - shadows are very firm, but such preset is very good for night time. So can there be an option for automatic, smooth levelling of ambient light depending on the time of a day (ToD)? For example, I have two sliders - presets for day and night, and as ToD goes on, the mod smoothly changes ambient light level for current ToD, focusing on values set on those two sliders. That could be an awesome option, making game visual experience much more realistic.

P.S.

Pleeeeaasee! :)

Dynamic ambient light level feature

It's a really cool mod, but there is a way to make much better. If ambient light is switched to 0-1% at daytime - shadows are very firm, but such preset is very good for night time. So can there be an option for automatic, smooth levelling of ambient light depending on the time of a day (ToD)? For example, I have two sliders - presets for day and night, and as ToD goes on, the mod smoothly changes ambient light level for current ToD, focusing on values set on those two sliders. That could be an awesome option, making game visual experience much more realistic.

P.S.

Pleeeeaasee! :)

I like this mod, and I'm here to ask for something similar... but in my case is not completely the same:

The stock light dispersion is well done for a body with atmo, so is working pretty well on Kerbin or Laythe. The problem comes in vacuum or with the less dense atmospheres: where the light turns more and more directional and the shadow areas should be completely black.

So, immo, this mod should use new light levels, dependents to the atmospheric variables.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like it is a more advanced version of this, but it is sad that this one can not remember the position, unlike the older version.

Not sure if this adjusts the base ambient light calculations across the board or uses a relative ratio on the games calculated current ambient level.

My mod (the one you linked) doesn't have the nice in-game interface, but it does recalculate lighting relative to the game calculations, meaning it doesn't effect anything if in direct sunlight.

Nevertheless, I feel it is good to have multiple mods that offer different features, as everyone has their own requirements ;)

Great work on the mod blizzy78!

• 3 weeks later...

I am almost evangelical about this - I've seen far too many screenshots which were probably very interesting, but so dark that nothing could be seen. If people would use this more often in tutorial videos, the game would be better for it.

...its awesome!
If people would use this more often in tutorial videos, the game would be better for it.

Agreed on both parts. I use it in all my videos. I actually just leave it on a little bit by default. :) Being able to actually WATCH my videos can only be better for my viewers.

...I hope. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Final time blizzy, I swear, lmao! 0.24 Compatible? Not able to play atm, so any answer would be appreciated!

I say final time because this is third mod of yours I've pasted this on. Sorry for the spam, I just like to be up-to-date on older mods.

Nice with the update to 24. Though I still have a game running 23.5 and I was unable to find a download link to a release version of 1.1.0.

Any one able to help out?

Thx.

Ambient Light Adjustment 1.1.1 is now available for download.

Note: If the download page is linking an older version for you, press F5 in your browser.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.