[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

timmers_uk

5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Has anyone adopted this for 1.3?

I can do a build for 1.3 but the release notes claim ambient light adjustment is now stock ... I just haven't seen where/how to adjust it yet, and I have been playing again on 1.3

12 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

I can do a build for 1.3 but the release notes claim ambient light adjustment is now stock ... I just haven't seen where/how to adjust it yet, and I have been playing again on 1.3

Ah ok.  I didn't know they had that - I'm still on 1.2.2 playing career mode, waiting for my favorites and essential mods (this is one), and the inevitable 1st bug fix release 1.3.0.1 or similar.  The only thing I've done with 1.3 is download it.

I'm betting this mod will still be better than the stock implementation, but I'm also happy to be proven wrong. @timmers_uk if the stock version doesn't let you see results instantly like yours then you should definitely push a v1.3 update. Way better than even having to click through a bunch of menus to even get at the setting

giphy.gif

I relented and built a release for 1.3.0, by popular demand and because I've only found Stock-ALA on the game settings screen ... maybe there's scope for ALA-lite now, which just modifies the Stock-ALA setting via Applauncher/Blizzy toolbar?

Annnyyyway ... new release on Spacedock/Github - please try it and shout if I broke it.

edit to add : I've now done a test of Stock-ala, and I can confirm it bugs the life out of me, as it takes too many button clicks, but be warned, Mod-ALA overrides Stock-ALA settings. 

Edited by timmers_uk

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Trigonaut said:

Is 1.2.2 still supported? I can't find the download anywhere.

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

go to the space dock page and click the "changelog" tab, it will show all old versions

I'm on a beach right now (he said smugly) so I can't check for sure, but I think I missed 1.2.2 specifically, as the 1.2.0 release worked fine with 1.2.2.  I find github releases a but eadiervto navigate for old versions. Just look for the last release before the one where I rebuilt for 1.3

Hope that helps

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, BlackHat said:

Yep, I was just coming to post the same thing. Installed and working fine in my 1.4.5. (But I have not looked at any logs to see if any issues are popping up there.)

Can't you do the same thing in vanilla game now, without the use of this mod?

9 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Can't you do the same thing in vanilla game now, without the use of this mod?

On 6/8/2017 at 10:08 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I'm betting this mod will still be better than the stock implementation, but I'm also happy to be proven wrong. @timmers_uk if the stock version doesn't let you see results instantly like yours then you should definitely push a v1.3 update. Way better than even having to click through a bunch of menus to even get at the setting

And I was right :P

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.