[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

timmers_uk

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I'm sure this has been asked a lot of times, but I tried to search for answer and got nothing. What does the "T" and "R" do on the slider? And what do they stand for, like "R" for Reset?

'T' toggles between an 'a' and 'b' setting for ambient light level, and 'R' reset the ambient light level to that at the beginning of the scene

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I'm pretty new to KSP. This is one of the first mods I looked for - though I did install Kerbal Engineer.

Sorry for the newb question, but I don't see the toolbar - is this dependent on another mod? I didn't see install info , I just chucked folder in "G:\gog\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\" like I did with KerbalEngineer.

7 hours ago, beomagi said:

Hi all. I'm pretty new to KSP. This is one of the first mods I looked for - though I did install Kerbal Engineer.

Sorry for the newb question, but I don't see the toolbar - is this dependent on another mod? I didn't see install info , I just chucked folder in "G:\gog\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\" like I did with KerbalEngineer.

For the toolbar (which is optional) you'll need blizzy's toolbar mod, which you can find on these here forums. I would attach a link, but I'm in the back of beyond right now, so it'll take ages just to open the page.

Timmers

6 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

For the toolbar (which is optional) you'll need blizzy's toolbar mod, which you can find on these here forums. I would attach a link, but I'm in the back of beyond right now, so it'll take ages just to open the page.

Timmers

Thanks - I found the toolbar mod - though it's only updated to 1.12.

You say it's optional? Without the toolbar mod, how can I adjust the ambient? Default doesn't look any different.

4 hours ago, beomagi said:

You say it's optional? Without the toolbar mod, how can I adjust the ambient? Default doesn't look any different.

Dont worry about the Toolbar only being for 1.1.2... It worx fine as-is for 1.1.3...

18 hours ago, beomagi said:

If you don't have blizzy's toolbar, but ambient light adjustnrnt is installed correctly, you should get a stock applauncher button instead.

So here's a screenshot showing where I put the files, and what my in flight screen looks like.

http://imgur.com/a/a9xy4

I put the ambient and toolbar plugins in my gamedata folder like kerbal engineer, but while kerbal engineer is showing up, and I DO get the "would you like to check for updates" dialog for ambient/toolbar - I don't see the option. I'm assuming that's really all there is to the install.

I'm wondering if the GOG version of the game may have some differences.

Thanks for the assistance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2016 at 7:38 PM, beomagi said:

So here's a screenshot showing where I put the files, and what my in flight screen looks like.

http://imgur.com/a/a9xy4

I put the ambient and toolbar plugins in my gamedata folder like kerbal engineer, but while kerbal engineer is showing up, and I DO get the "would you like to check for updates" dialog for ambient/toolbar - I don't see the option. I'm assuming that's really all there is to the install.

I'm wondering if the GOG version of the game may have some differences.

Thanks for the assistance!

Sorry for the heavily delayed reply - returned from holidays to find the sky had fallen in at work - what fun.

If you are still suffering from issues here, perhaps you could send me your KSP log output? That may shed some light on this.

T

@timmers_uk just wanted to let you know that I rebuilt the mod against the 1.2 prerelease (had to fix the DLL references, but that's all) and it seemed to work fine in the space center and flight scenes with the stock toolbar.  I haven't installed blizzy's yet, but if I do I'll check that too.

16 hours ago, Boop said:

@timmers_uk just wanted to let you know that I rebuilt the mod against the 1.2 prerelease (had to fix the DLL references, but that's all) and it seemed to work fine in the space center and flight scenes with the stock toolbar.  I haven't installed blizzy's yet, but if I do I'll check that too.

Thanks for that - I'm in pretty busy times right now so haven't had a chance to go near KSP for a couple of weeks, let alone the 1.2 prerelease!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 11:20 AM, Boop said:

This is available on the Github via?  [I am a github noob]

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

This is available on the Github via?  [I am a github noob]

Sort of - I downloaded the source from Github, then fixed it up in Visual Studio for 1.2.  I expect @timmers_uk will publish an updated release.  Many modders prefer to wait until the new version officially launches before uploading it.

9 minutes ago, Boop said:

Sort of - I downloaded the source from Github, then fixed it up in Visual Studio for 1.2.  I expect @timmers_uk will publish an updated release.  Many modders prefer to wait until the new version officially launches before uploading it.

Okay.. I know what it means to 'recompile", just didn't know if the plugin was made available after that statement.  Thanks for clarifying. 

Yes, I will get to it, but not until Monday at the earliest as im taking family on a weekend break, so it would be bad manners to then spend it on laptop (again).

In the meantime thanks again to Boop for producing an interim build 

T

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it looks like it breaks exactly this way.

[EXC 14:15:10.081] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
        System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
        AmbientLightAdjustment.ToolbarTypes+<>c.<getType>b__5_0 (.LoadedAssembly a)
        System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
        System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
        System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.GameScenesVisibility..ctor (.GameScenes[] gameScenes)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.AmbientLightAdjustment.setupBlizzyToolbarButton ()
        AmbientLightAdjustment.AmbientLightAdjustment.Start ()

Many mods hit this, btw.

On 25/10/2016 at 4:17 PM, RealGecko said:

Contract configurator broke this mod :)

On 29/10/2016 at 0:16 PM, ThirdOfSeven said:

Yep, it looks like it breaks exactly this way.

[EXC 14:15:10.081] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
        System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
        AmbientLightAdjustment.ToolbarTypes+<>c.<getType>b__5_0 (.LoadedAssembly a)
        System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
        System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
        System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.GameScenesVisibility..ctor (.GameScenes[] gameScenes)
        AmbientLightAdjustment.AmbientLightAdjustment.setupBlizzyToolbarButton ()
        AmbientLightAdjustment.AmbientLightAdjustment.Start ()

Many mods hit this, btw.

Thanks all for the pointers, new release on first page with fix - tested (briefly) with and without toolbar.

Tim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.