timmers_uk

[1.3.0] Ambient Light Adjustment 2.6.3.8 [09/06/2017] continued)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Has anyone adopted this for 1.3?

I can do a build for 1.3 but the release notes claim ambient light adjustment is now stock ... I just haven't seen where/how to adjust it yet, and I have been playing again on 1.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

I can do a build for 1.3 but the release notes claim ambient light adjustment is now stock ... I just haven't seen where/how to adjust it yet, and I have been playing again on 1.3

Ah ok.  I didn't know they had that - I'm still on 1.2.2 playing career mode, waiting for my favorites and essential mods (this is one), and the inevitable 1st bug fix release 1.3.0.1 or similar.  The only thing I've done with 1.3 is download it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm betting this mod will still be better than the stock implementation, but I'm also happy to be proven wrong. @timmers_uk if the stock version doesn't let you see results instantly like yours then you should definitely push a v1.3 update. Way better than even having to click through a bunch of menus to even get at the setting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 giphy.gif

 

I relented and built a release for 1.3.0, by popular demand and because I've only found Stock-ALA on the game settings screen ... maybe there's scope for ALA-lite now, which just modifies the Stock-ALA setting via Applauncher/Blizzy toolbar?

 

Annnyyyway ... new release on Spacedock/Github - please try it and shout if I broke it.

 

edit to add : I've now done a test of Stock-ala, and I can confirm it bugs the life out of me, as it takes too many button clicks, but be warned, Mod-ALA overrides Stock-ALA settings. 

Edited by timmers_uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, timmers_uk said:

maybe there's scope for ALA-lite now, which just modifies the Stock-ALA setting via Applauncher/Blizzy toolbar?

This would be awesome because, yeah, it takes way too many clicks to get to the Stock-ALA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nergal8617 said:

This would be awesome because, yeah, it takes way too many clicks to get to the Stock-ALA.

I wasn't volunteering :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

I wasn't volunteering :D

Not trying to rope you into anything, LOL.  If I knew the programming language better I'd do it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trigonaut said:

Is 1.2.2 still supported? I can't find the download anywhere.

go to the space dock page and click the "changelog" tab, it will show all old versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trigonaut said:

Is 1.2.2 still supported? I can't find the download anywhere.

 

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

go to the space dock page and click the "changelog" tab, it will show all old versions

I'm on a beach right now (he said smugly) so I can't check for sure, but I think I missed 1.2.2 specifically, as the 1.2.0 release worked fine with 1.2.2.  I find github releases a but eadiervto navigate for old versions. Just look for the last release before the one where I rebuilt for 1.3

 

Hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Starslinger999 said:

1.3.1? Not to bother you or anything... just wondering if its compatible

Works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I was just coming to post the same thing. Installed and working fine in my 1.4.5. (But I have not looked at any logs to see if any issues are popping up there.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, BlackHat said:

Yep, I was just coming to post the same thing. Installed and working fine in my 1.4.5. (But I have not looked at any logs to see if any issues are popping up there.)

Can't you do the same thing in vanilla game now, without the use of this mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Can't you do the same thing in vanilla game now, without the use of this mod?

On 6/8/2017 at 10:08 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I'm betting this mod will still be better than the stock implementation, but I'm also happy to be proven wrong. @timmers_uk if the stock version doesn't let you see results instantly like yours then you should definitely push a v1.3 update. Way better than even having to click through a bunch of menus to even get at the setting

And I was right :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I prefer the mod implementation better than the stock.

I think the mod lighting effect also to looked better too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlackHat said:

And its still working in 1.5.1 too. *Also doing happy dance*

ust in time for 1.6.1 to (hopefully) drop in a few days ;) j/k

But seriously, thanx for posting and confirming that :thumbs_up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.