How much do YOU rely on MechJeb?

The Flitter

I've learned everything when it comes to Vertical Take off, and I only use Mechjeb on rockets which are light and fast enough for it to place into orbit properly (I've had many Mechjeb piloted rockets that I know would work if I pilot it, but won't when Mechjeb Pilots it). Usually I just use Mechjeb to do the job for me, simply because I've launched so many things that I'd rather not spend 10 or 20 minutes pressing buttons to get a rocket I KNOW will work into orbit.

I often wonder when reading threads like this how many of the " I've never and never have used it's" are actually just trying to sound cool, I dont doubt there are many players who think it's a cheat(rofl) and many who have never used it . Got to admit ,and not to my shame, that i use it quite a bit I have a MM cfg that fits it to everything, I probably do more testing in a week than most people play in a month, and buddy it's tedious searching for krakens manually, I don't want to have to hold a key down for an hour to make sure theres nothing sneaky waiting for a new set of wheels or a new engine. I started playing way back in 0.16 I can do everything that MJ does, in fact several of my larger craft MJ can't fly, so I don't have an issue with MJ at all

I have never used it. I couldn't play without the engineer redux though, so I guess I use 'mechjeb-ish' features right there.

'Learning' how to get close to another landing site has been troublesome, but fun. First time I saw a previous lander as I drifted in to land, only a couple of K away, I was very, very chuffed. THE BASE COULD BEGIN!

I suppose that's also WHY I've never installed it, it would be too tempting to use it for those things, that when you work it out yourself and get a buzz, is the main reason why I play KSP...does that piece of drivel even make sense?

I hope it made some sort of sense and I couldn't give a rat's ass if anyone else uses it, each to their own I say, I'll probably get bored of launching eventually and join the club for that stage of a mission, but apart from that, I'mma gonna learn stuff the hard way. By killing Kerbal's.

Utterly, utterly dependent on it, but only in space. SAS makes atmospheric flight a joy so I fly my own planes, but in space I. am. rubbish. So the computers do everything but plan my missions for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.