sarbian

[1.7.x] SmokeScreen 2.8.3 - Extended FX plugin (July 12th 2019)

On 3/15/2019 at 12:26 AM, Shadowmage said:

Apologies for not getting to this yesterday...

I am afraid it will have to wait for quite a while since I ll be away for 4 weeks and did not really took the time to finish it...

Sorry

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

I am afraid it will have to wait for quite a while since I ll be away for 4 weeks and did not really took the time to finish it...

Sorry

No worries from me -- the samples/data should still be there whenever you can get to it.  Might even be more functional/complete by that time :)

Just wanted to say that this mod keeps beating the numbers :P

(KSP 1.7:)
uvy8E6y.png

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@sarbian

The download links are getting Jenkins errors

Yeah. I did something stupid and I can not fix it for the next 12h...

Posted (edited)

New release v2.8.2 with fixes from Scialytic and PatPL

• Fix for first model transform being misaligned #32
  • Added a 'decluster' option to 'MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST'  #33 #34

The second fix seems to really improve the rendering but need a config change to be activated since it could break some plume. You need to add "decluster = true" to the MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST effect 

Edited by sarbian

Thanks for the update! The rendering indeed seems nice.

However, after the recent update I see endless NullRef exceptions popping up when I click any engines at VAB scene. Attaching it to any node doesn't help.

After finding the error persist even in a fresh install with minimal mods, and reverting back to SmokeScreen 2.8.1 solved the issue, I thought the recent update might be the curlpit.

Attaching my log file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnCGI7wKaBjLlccDN0Ko-Jw_g5rt5w?e=rO57uW

Replication.

1. Launch KSP(1.7.3 or 1.7.1 with all DLC) with SmokeScreen (2.8.2),  Realplume(2:v11.2.0),  Realplume-StockConfig(2:v11.2.0),  ModuleManager(4.0.2).

2. Start a sandbox game.

3. Go to VAB.

4. Click any engine.

Thanks in advance.

SmokeScreen-2.8.3.0.zip should fix it.

I see that I forgot to mention that 2.8.2 also added an "emitOnUpdate" option to 'MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST' that should help with the 'sliding away from origin' on lower FPS.

I added 2 option in the UI ( mod+P ) to force the new option so you can check the change easily. I may change them to be on my default later.

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

SmokeScreen-2.8.3.0.zip should fix it.

I see that I forgot to mention that 2.8.2 also added an "emitOnUpdate" option to 'MODEL_MULTI_SHURIKEN_PERSIST' that should help with the 'sliding away from origin' on lower FPS.

I added 2 option in the UI ( mod+P ) to force the new option so you can check the change easily. I may change them to be on my default later.

Hi Sarbain, the NREs in the VAB are gone now but I am still able to reproduce the issue of some plumes disappearing after time warp that I outlined in the github. Do let me know if you need fresh logs with the new version or anything. Thanks

FYI
I tested 2.8.3 on KSP 1.6.1 with RSS RO RP-1 and it worked for some time - then suddenly the plumes and effects were gone.
First I thought the engines were cut off, but they were still running.

I don't know if it's intended to also work with KSP 1.6.1 - some mod devs are strict with version numbers, others are not. Some mods even don't have a version file at all (which could give a clue with minimum and maximum versions).

This was log spammed then:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.ParticleSystem:get_particleCount ()
  at ModelMultiShurikenPersistFX+<>c.<get_CurrentlyActiveParticles>b__53_0 (.PersistentKSPShurikenEmitter x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UniLinq.Enumerable.Sum[PersistentKSPShurikenEmitter] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModelMultiShurikenPersistFX.get_CurrentlyActiveParticles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SmokeScreen.SmokeScreenConfig+<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<UpdateParticlesCount>b__0 (.ModelMultiShurikenPersistFX x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ModelMultiShurikenPersistFX].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SmokeScreen.SmokeScreenConfig.UpdateParticlesCount () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModelMultiShurikenPersistFX.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

btw that session was for some reason accidentaly launched with -force-d3d11 which I usually do not do at all. I prefer -force-glcore.
I mis-clicked the link and decided to let it launch instead of killing the process, so besided the log spamming mentioned above also this bs was spammed:

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: 497)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=7998 width=30 height=8 mips=5 dxgifmt=77 [D3D error was 80070057]

(Filename:  Line: 478)

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=7998 [D3D error was 80070057]

and a lot of other id values

For more interest, the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x6j3s77cxr3tlk/output_log.txt and stuff 2019-07-16-01.zip?dl=1