[1.8.x-1.10.x] SmokeScreen 2.8.14 - Extended FX plugin (18 April 2020)

sarbian

Thank you for the lightning fast response!

The density curve not working is indeed due to my own stupidity. The addition of that flag would be awesome, the effect i have for ignition is way over the top and looks weird when used while the throttle is down.

Allright so the stock sparks are off limits. How should i go about copying that with smokescreen? The "Stretch" render mode doesn't work it seems (particles are generated and appear in the counter in the UI, but are invisible), and i have no clue what shader, if any, i could use to make particles "trail" like that

Version: SmokeScreen-2.6.2.0.zip here it came log from game only open with out open any save, or any new game

[LOG 14:16:00.956] Load(Assembly): SmokeScreen/SmokeScreen

[LOG 14:16:00.956] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SmokeScreen\SmokeScreen.dll

[LOG 14:16:01.970] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

[LOG 14:16:41.576] Load(Texture): SmokeScreen/SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen v2.6.2.0

[LOG 14:17:44.912] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[LOG 14:17:44.924] [ModuleManager] :FOR[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[LOG 14:17:44.937] [ModuleManager] :AFTER[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[LOG 14:18:56.296] [smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

[LOG 14:18:57.280] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

[LOG 14:18:58.661] [smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnSceneChange

[LOG 14:18:59.333] [smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

[LOG 14:19:01.647] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

[LOG 14:19:20.361] [smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

Load(Assembly): SmokeScreen/SmokeScreen

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SmokeScreen\SmokeScreen.dll

Non platform assembly: D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SmokeScreen\SmokeScreen.dll (this message is harmless)

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

Load(Texture): SmokeScreen/SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen v2.6.2.0

[ModuleManager] :BEFORE[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[ModuleManager] :FOR[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[ModuleManager] :AFTER[sMOKESCREEN] pass

[smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

[smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnSceneChange

Edited by Blacks

well i have nothing special to complain only i see this from time to time in debug panel, i don't know if is normal or not, at this point i doo a lot parsing log data to identifie other problem, i seen is a new release, i install i pull data from log & i post it

how i say i not know if is normal or not but when i see OnDestroy it capture my atention, if is normal i will ignore

Hello!

My SmokeScreen implementation has stopped working. The number of particles shows as 0 even though I set it at 8,000. I have uninstalled and erased KSP 1.0.2 and plugins completely and installed again with only SmokeScreen and Toolbar, with no luck. The menu shows the "Open ModelMultiParticlePersistFX UI: list as empty" as opposed to before where it would show all the parts that contributed to smoke effects.

What is happening?

2.6.3 Remove lengthScale & velocityScale curves (a Unity limitation made them not that usefull).

Rescale effect when used with the ProceduralSRB of Procedural Parts

new initalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius curve that adds its value to the randomInitalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius value.

Download : SmokeScreen-2.6.3.0.zip

Edited by sarbian

2.6.2 Remove lengthScale & velocityScale curves (a Unity limitation made them not that usefull).

Rescale effect when used with the ProceduralSRB of Procedural Parts

new initalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius curve that adds its value to the randomInitalVelocityOffsetMaxRadius value.

Download : SmokeScreen-2.6.3.0.zip

Why is the changelog for V 2.6.2 when the version is 2.6.3? or is it meant as "changes from 2.6.2" (to 2.6.3)?

• 3 weeks later...
In RO also every effect now looks weird, I guess there will be fixes during the next days though

Using RO+RSS

http://i.imgur.com/WjAaEB8.png

http://i.imgur.com/CryOVtn.png

http://i.imgur.com/vRuTgMP.png

http://i.imgur.com/cvT5waB.png

http://i.imgur.com/Jr3x6GU.png

Dunno if it's smokescreen causing it...

Edited by RickKermen

With the latest release (2.6.6), the engine exhaust seems to be coming out through the engine as if the point of origin is inside the engine (with Laztek Launch pack and Realism Overhaul)

I'm not sure if this mod is causing this though as the latest update fixed my other problem

2W6E7qr.png

• 2 weeks later...

kendoka15 : most likely a config problem with the new RO config. They will improve with time

2.6.7 is out and fix an error spam when an active engine got out of physic range

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not 100% sure if this is me being silly or a genuine problem, but I can't seem to find the SmokeScreen menu. If I recall correctly, it should be an app in the app bar during a flight scene, correct? If that's the case, it doesn't seem to be working for me. :/

Well,you need to install Toolbar,and set the icon to be visible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.