[1.8.x-1.10.x] SmokeScreen 2.8.14 - Extended FX plugin (18 April 2020)

sarbian

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

@Rhedd Look at how the game interpret your curve with my other mod. It may be that the curve it create get near 0 before you actually think it does.

Thank you, I'll try using that!

EDIT: After looking at this float curve business for a couple of minutes, I think I now understand why I was having every problem I've ever had. Thanks!!

Edited by Rhedd

Still not having a ton of luck with those tiny density increments.

So how do two different emission curves interact? For instance, what happens when I have the following...

emission
{
	mach = X 1.0
}

emission
{
	density = X 0.0
}

At the point at which mach and density are both "X", what is the emission value?

First it should be

emission
{
	mach = X 1.0
	density = X 0.0
}

And the OP mention that emission is multiplicative, so the result for x here would be 1.0 x 0.0 = 0.0

@sarbian Ah, thank you!

I thought the values were multiplicative but then they weren't behaving that way so I was confused. Turns out it was because of my syntax being bad. I was using an old hotrockets .cfg as an example, and it had the mach and density curves broken up into separate emission{} sections, so I thought that was the way it was done. Obviously that .cfg wasn't working as intended, either!

Thanks again for your patience in helping me with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am I doing something wrong? Cause my SRB plumes (ASL) seem... rather small. 

http://imgur.com/QByyaaa
http://imgur.com/F2j5215

My SRBs were scaled up to 1.875m (dia) using Tweakscale, and from what I know the plume does not resize with Tweakscale. What should I do or how do I go about improving this?

Thanks for this great mod! 

Cheers, 

CM

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2016 at 2:16 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

My SRBs were scaled up to 1.875m (dia) using Tweakscale,

Smokescreen does not have support for tweakscale. It does support procedural SRB however.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that the Vens stock remap for the AJ10-137 seems a bit off.  It can display a plume well in front of a vessel if the vessel is short enough - don't yet understand exactly the variable to change and still searching for the cfg file...

1 hour ago, vger said:

Is anyone else seeing 'circles' like this?

circles.jpg

Where did you get *.cfg for that engine and which engine it is?
I can just guess its stock "terrier" and you're using hotrockets.

3 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

Where did you get *.cfg for that engine and which engine it is?
I can just guess its stock "terrier" and you're using hotrockets.

SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0

Yes, it's the Terrier. No Hotrockets. I do have Realplume but from what I understood, Realplume focuses on the 'hot' exhaust, not the long-range smoke trails.

Edit: Ran it again without Realplume and it's still there. I noticed too that only the LV-909 Terrier on this vessel is causing it. The LV-T45 Swivel causes no such issue.

Also discovered this is only an issue in space. Terrier smoke trails look normal in the atmosphere (and shouldn't be visible in a vacuum anyhow).

Edited by vger

1 hour ago, vger said:

SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0
-snip-
Also discovered this is only an issue in space. Terrier smoke trails look normal in the atmosphere (and shouldn't be visible in a vacuum anyhow).

Can you please upload or paste your "ModuleManager.ConfigCache".

On 7/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, sebi.zzr said:

Can you please upload or paste your "ModuleManager.ConfigCache".

[snip]

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator - please post long files externally and link to them here

Thanks for finding that. It had to have snuck in with something else. I definitely never intentionally installed it and was looking for a folder with a more obvious name (such as... Hotrockets? :wink: )

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, *MajorTom* said:

and what about 1.2 compatiblity?

Eh, I like to be patient :) - I'd rather have an update that Sarbian's chose to make on his time then an update that was forced/rushed. Doing something you don't like burns you out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.