[1.8.x-1.10.x] SmokeScreen 2.8.14 - Extended FX plugin (18 April 2020)

sarbian

It's raining SmokeScreen version ! SmokeScreen-2.6.9.0.zip

Include Felger patch to add 3 parameters

Global SmokeScreen Parameter:

atmDensityExp - SmokeScreen.cfg variable, adjusts input atmospheric pressure by an exponent, to give similar plume scaling between RSS and Stock.

ModelMultiParticlePersistFX Parameters:

vRandPosOffset - Random positive position offset to spread fast particles out. Additive.

vPosOffset - nonrandom positive ffset to adjust starting particle position. Additive.

• 1 month later...
It's raining SmokeScreen version ! SmokeScreen-2.6.9.0.zip

Include Felger patch to add 3 parameters

Global SmokeScreen Parameter:

atmDensityExp - SmokeScreen.cfg variable, adjusts input atmospheric pressure by an exponent, to give similar plume scaling between RSS and Stock.

ModelMultiParticlePersistFX Parameters:

vRandPosOffset - Random positive position offset to spread fast particles out. Additive.

vPosOffset - nonrandom positive ffset to adjust starting particle position. Additive.

Link appears to be dead?

• 1 month later...
Look at your GameData/SmokeScreen/SmokeScreen.cfg

Something may prevent the game to save the value...

There is no smokescreen.cfg file in my smokescreen dir, nor was there one in the zip file I installed it from, or the CKAN version.

Is the CFG file something additional that has to be downloaded?

I need to adjust the amount of smoke, im getting 3fps on liftoff if I have multiple boosters.

• 2 weeks later...

When I use the GUI smokescreen tool to change the flames and smoke parameters, my setting do not get saved and the engine always reverts back to original. Isnt the purpose of the Import/Rebuild Tool to make the changes permanent?

When I use the GUI smokescreen tool to change the flames and smoke parameters, my setting do not get saved and the engine always reverts back to original. Isnt the purpose of the Import/Rebuild Tool to make the changes permanent?

Actually no."Import" will import settings which engine already uses,"rebuild" will add all setting,which is useful for engines that don't already have any settings.

If you want to save the progress you made,the best way is to select all stuff that you change(orange color),then Ctrl+c and you can paste it to your .cfg

Actually no."Import" will import settings which engine already uses,"rebuild" will add all setting,which is useful for engines that don't already have any settings.

If you want to save the progress you made,the best way is to select all stuff that you change(orange color),then Ctrl+c and you can paste it to your .cfg

sounds like a lot of work , but at least smoke screen gives us a great tool to let us visualize our config changes in real-time ! :D

what is the difference runningEffectName vs powerEffectName vs directThrottleEffectName? I think this is giving me a problem as to why some engines are not getting saved AND engines losing their effects all together.

Edited by lextacy

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been requested before, if so excuse the repetition. Would you be able to add a debug toggle that can be set per engine to allow particles in the editor? I would like this to be able to adjust plume with the Real Plume mod without having to go through so many scene changes. Don't know if that's even possible so if you know better say so. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there may be an incompatibility between this and KSP Interstellar Extended.  I installed this plugin because it's a requirement for B9 - previously I did not have this installed.  Now, however, I get no exhaust plumes at all from any of the engines in the KSPIE mod - I still get plumes from stock engines and others, just not from KSPIE.  I'm going to try manually disabling this .dll out from under B9 (which will probably break THOSE engines' effects) but it'll be interesting to see if it solves it or not for the KSPIE engines.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 2:10 AM, sarbian said:

It is working fine for me. Make sure you have a recent navigator because my site won't have much love for old Internet explorer.

Still not working for me. I'm on win 10 Edge or IE 11

ok I got it by "copying the link' and then deleting everything after "smokescreen"

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen/

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.