Most Detailed Kerbal Border Map in History

Pds314

I have made another one of those maps with countries on it, although it doesn't have like "Kermany" and "Krance" and "Kreat Kritain" and "Kuba" that tend to be on such maps.

It is based on my new 4096*2048 map of Kerbin that I stitched together from screenshots of Kerbalmaps.com:

Map:

GXLlgpl.jpg

With countries:

MjWmrtN.jpg

Most countries have a real-life analog except for those on the continent of Southwest Cerima. The analog may or may not be accurate or obvious and the name may be partially or wholly based off of the analog or a previous name for the analog or something related to it. There are 81 countries that consider themselves independent and 90 or so named regions, including countries and various territories such as islands owned by countries.

Oh, here is something else I made that might be interesting:

MAMOGts.png

EDIT: Since about half of the names are in 11-pt font, you should definitely right-click and view the image in a new tab and then zoom in by clicking.

Edited by Pds314

"The allied provinces of Cerima"

"Southwest Ceriman Federation"

"Union of south Ceriman Islanders"

"Northwest southwest Cerima"

"Northeast southwest Cerima"

"Autocratic people's monarchy of southwestern southwest Cerima"

"Beaurocratic people's technocracy of southeastern southwest Cerima"

ermahgerd

Awesome map, though xD. I see a story there behind the crazy Ceriman countries. Care to share?

AMAZING! This is from now on my official map of Kerbin, next time I have to refer to some place I'm using these places.

Is KSP2 in Gerinia or Dachland, it's kinda on the border

Edited by Moon Goddess

I really like what you have done here, do you mind if I use these countries in my youtube videos if I link back to this page? There has been a bit of trouble with making Kerbal countries to scale because Kerbin has a surface area of 4.5238934×1012 m2 according to the wiki so Russia would take up the entire planet! Still, amazing job and nice names to!

This kinda makes me want to trace Kerbal history from its prehistoric beginnings and the Kerbals' initial dispersal across Kerbin, and up to the present day. Empires forming and perishing, wars and treaties and shifting borders...

Edited by Autochton
Typo

AMAZING! This is from now on my official map of Kerbin, next time I have to refer to some place I'm using these places.

Is KSP2 in Gerinia or Dachland, it's kinda on the border

It looks to me to be entirely in Gerinia, though it is pretty damn close to the Dachland border.

Very nice map. All that is missing now are the names of the various seas around Kerbin. ;)

Does anyone else notice the absurdly long name of Abvonovichatkaderivokistan on the left side of the map

That was the first thing I noticed. xD

This map, it is brilliant. Gives me ideas for the video making, might make it so that I limit myself to only landing in certain places or risk war or loss of astronauts.