Life just got real for one American 15 year old girl.

RedDwarfIV

This was posted on Madcomms.Free-Forums, by user Dartyi. It was posted on TommyJordanii\'s Facebook account by her father.

My reaction was 'Makes me glad I neither use Facebook, swear, be disrespectful to my parents, or have a dad who owns a .45.'

Well, living on her own could really teach that girl a little... while putting an entire clip (did I get it right that \'it\'s $1 for a round\'?) through her laptop will just make her complain more.

That dad\'s not quite smart. But definitely is troublesome.

Words cannot express my approval.

Let\'s see:

Say anywhere from $500-$800 USD for the laptop, $130 in software, and $10 for the rounds... adds up to a minimum of $640!

And from the sound of it, she WILL have to work day and night from now on... until college. I\'d be willing to bet that her parents aren\'t going to help her pay for college anymore.

Oh, sweet irony <3

Words cannot express my approval.

I used to use Facebook, but then I stopped... because most of the friends I had friended just posted junk all the time. I never use it now!

Also, can we get a link to see the reactions to this video?

There should be a link in the video. Just not a hyperlink. Also, as I\'ve said, I don\'t have Facebook. So I can\'t go to that link.

And my opinion is that this guy seriously doesn\'t understand the reasons why the American Constitution ever gave US citizens the right to carry guns - for defense against us, the British, and therefore for self-defense. Teenagers have things called \'hormones\'. Lots of them. And \'hormones\' cause emotional outbursts. If his daughter felt particularly bad, she might well do something like that. Its called \'the right to free speech\'. If your daughter has trouble relating to you, try and make relations better. Making them worse is exactly why the Gaza Strip is home to extremists against Israel, and is controlled by militant Palestinian group Hamas. Israel destroyed everything they had, and has denied them the materials to rebuild with. So now you get suicide bombers and tragic happenings, because some of the Palestinians there feel they have nothing left to lose.

You think its silly. I think its the same principle.

The same principle is highly vague consider principles are derived from the components that make them up. Objectively looking at this situation there are only 1/10000000th similar issues, statistically irrelevant. This father loves his daughter to death, he really cares about her. That alone irrevocably disassociates any similar principles; one from love, the other from hate.

Good job, dad. If a 15-year old is going to complain as much as she did, and talked as much @$%^ as she did, she deserves to have her laptop shot with a pistol. Personally, I would have lit it on fire and tossed it out of a moving car, but that\'s just me. Also, It wouldn\'t have been one gun...

destroying the laptop that he paid for? (or at least some of it)

he says she owes it to him(the cash) but still, destroying it?

WTF, thats stupid, why dont you confiscate and make her pay for it then give it back, oh well, he could of at least deleted everything and used it as his own

i wonder if it still works

Well, she didn\'t get anything harsh, I never use Facebook, and hopefully never will, I think that it was equal in an opposite way to disrespecting her parents.

Oh and that laptop? He said he donated it to a certain space program, and now it \'s being used as the main control for all ships.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Basicly respect is a two way street. There are some kids that don\'t respect anyone, even there parents and think its there right to everything (at my school they are calls skaters, being that my school is made up of large amounts of smart people, and they are the odd ones out). But the other way is that adults need to respect children, and not see them as slaves, or worse, sex slaves (half of the school is crazy as well, from expeariances from an earthquake, bullying from other schools and other things, inculding rape).

This is the first example, as she bad mouthed her father and mother all about chores, which I do for no pay (insitingly, I get payed for cleaning the bathroom, as we use the bathroom).

Basicly respect is a two way street. There are some kids that don\'t respect anyone, even there parents and think its there right to everything (at my school they are calls skaters, being that my school is made up of large amounts of smart people, and they are the odd ones out). But the other way is that adults need to respect children, and not see them as slaves, or worse, sex slaves (half of the school is crazy as well, from expeariances from an earthquake, bullying from other schools and other things, inculding rape).

This is the first example, as she bad mouthed her father and mother all about chores, which I do for no pay (insitingly, I get payed for cleaning the bathroom, as we use the bathroom).

I didn\'t watch the video (the word 'facebook' automatically turned on my mental spamfilters), but I can tell this guy got humiliated by his brat of a daughter and decided to fix it in a spectacular way in order to get through her skull. Way too many parents refuse to parent their kids (either due to too much time at work, or because they want to pamper their kids), resulting in a generation of kids who grow up undisciplined and become infected with the 'Special Snowflake' complex. These offspring don\'t develop the concept of respect and begin to believe that the world revolves around them. I grew up with spankings from my parents whenever I got woefully out of line, while I suspect a large number of kids I went to school with never received a stern word from their parents (or if they did, shrugged it off). Whenever called to the office due to getting into a fight (our schools considered both parties guilty, no matter who the victim was), the bully usually just smirked when his/her uncaring parents were notified, while I sat in abject terror: My parents didn\'t tolerate any sort of fights, and didn\'t believe my claims of bullying until a suicide attempt in 7th grade. I was then pulled out of the public school system and homeschooled for the 8th grade. Because my parents ensured I was focused on my schoolwork at (often via a strict 'get your schoolwork done before anything else' rule, enforced by angry looks), I ended up with much higher scores than any of my peers in the state-mandated tests for homeschooling, and eventually skipped highschool, moving on to college at age 13.

tl;dr Parent your damn kids and they won\'t turn into whiny little brats like this one. You don\'t have to spank them, but you\'ve gotta be involved.

(For those about to say something about abuse, spanking isn\'t illegal here, and it was reserved for the most serious cases of disrespect, getting into fights, or, in the case of my sister, abuse of animals. She eventually was diagnosed with bipolar and killed one of our animals, resulting in her being disowned.)

Good job, dad. If a 15-year old is going to complain as much as she did, and talked as much @$%^ as she did, she deserves to have her laptop shot with a pistol. Personally, I would have lit it on fire and tossed it out of a moving car, but that\'s just me. Also, It wouldn\'t have been one gun...

Automatic \'nade launchers?

I\'d like to stress that since I moved to Secondary School, my general behaviour and manners have improved drastically, and by no means was this to do with parental discipline. I haven\'t had a smack from my parents since I was in about Year 3, when I said a girl\'s name in front of her over and over for about five minutes. My parents didn\'t actually know what had happened at the time, just that the mentioned girl had complained about it.

I had issues when I was in Primary School. I was badly behaved. Once, in assembley, I was feeling overly boisterous. The teacher who was running the assembley put some music on that I didn\'t actually recognise. But when he asked 'does anyone know who sang this?', I shouted out 'was it you?'

It was only a few years ago I discovered that song had been sung by The Muppets.

The point is this, you don\'t have to shoot your daughter\'s laptop for being badly behaved. A reprimand is called for, but not like that. I barely ever get in trouble at school any more. I\'ve only had one Red Card detention, and one After School detention. The Red Card was for missing a few homeworks. The After School was for being completely at a loss when I was in my German Oral exam. I only chose German because my parents said I had to do a language - that\'s how much I listen to what my parents tell me.

Though the turning point may have been when my dad bought me a CRT TV to replace the one inherited from my great grandmother, that only showed BBC 2. He told me it would be taken away if I was bad. I\'m sure I have had incedents since then, and the TV wasn\'t taken away. But what I\'m saying is that from then on I had something to be good for. More recently, I\'ve been good for the sake of being a nice person, and its worked out pretty well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.