Lighting and other aesthetic stuff

Highlad

So I have been looking at some older pictures from previous versions of KSP and, perhaps its just me but, it looks like the lighting is better or more cinematic.

aywU4.png

compared to:

Kerbal-Space-Program.jpg

Of course this could just be my taste for hard lighting. Or perhaps I don't like realistic looking stuff.

I mean, It might be more realistic but is it prettier?

And this could be said about much more than lighting...

What do you guys think? if it came down to the game being pretty or the game being realistic, which would you choose (and why)?

Or perhaps I'm completely wrong and the old game looks rubbish compared to the new. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I have had it since 0.18, but played the 0.13 demo for about 2 months (the ONLY demo I ever played more than a few hours on!) and I think it looks much better now. It seems 'cleaner.' I did like some of the smoke effects from early on.

Personally. It doesn't need to look too much better (I use city lights/clouds and parts packs that may skew my idea of how it looks. I haven't seen Kerbin without clouds for a considrable amount of time). I definitly think though I prefer realism and playability over 'pretty,' after all it wasn't the graphics that attracted me in the first place. It was the use of real physics that appealed to me at the time.

Little did I know then, that this game would ruin 95% of the science fiction movies and books for me.

Playing KSP as a science fiction fan, is a little like finding out Santa Clause isn't real........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.