Ever just.. quit the game?

Motokid600

YOU! blasphemes MONSTER!

YOU ARE THE NOW THE BANE TO ALL KSP!....YOU AR THE WILL THAT DRIVES THE KRAKEN! you have become the Kraken its self! You are no longer one of us! go leave this place of honor before wack job finds this thread and crashes the mun on your mortal soul!................just kiding:D

ya ive had a time where I just stopped and went back to playing minecraft for a while, but only because I played the game for two days straight and really needed a nap. :D

Ps and no there where no more font sizes to choose from.

Edited by Tidus Klein

There have been times when the Squad guys would have been in serious physical danger if they were near me. I shut the game down and go stomping off in a towering rage. And the next day, I think of a way around the problem, and come back. It's just part of the psychology of we who play games of this sort. We tend to care about them a little TOO much. :)

I tried my hand at making objects a while back. Like the OP says, Unity is a mess and the devs haven't really posted much info on how to mod. As a result everyone seems to work out their own method of doing things and you end up with 5 different explanations of how to do the same thing. (4 of which probably won't work for you) hatches and ladders are a great example of that.

It got to where every session was spent bouncing between Wings 3d, Unity, Photoshop, and KSP.

After a couple of weeks I got frustrated and put KSP away for a while and spent some time on other games.

After a couple of months I started playing again and don't have the slightest desire to ever make another mod again.

As for the long load times, he's probably got an unused network connection active. KSP seems to hate that and your load times go through the roof. My loads went from 18 minutes to 2.5 minutes when I got rid of hamachi.

I tried my hand at making objects a while back. Like the OP says, Unity is a mess and the devs haven't really posted much info on how to mod. As a result everyone seems to work out their own method of doing things and you end up with 5 different explanations of how to do the same thing. (4 of which probably won't work for you) hatches and ladders are a great example of that.

It got to where every session was spent bouncing between Wings 3d, Unity, Photoshop, and KSP.

After a couple of weeks I got frustrated and put KSP away for a while and spent some time on other games.

After a couple of months I started playing again and don't have the slightest desire to ever make another mod again.

As for the long load times, he's probably got an unused network connection active. KSP seems to hate that and your load times go through the roof. My loads went from 18 minutes to 2.5 minutes when I got rid of hamachi.

I think your post shows that the definition of long varies alot from persons to person. I think 2.5 minutes sounds like a very long time for loading the game, especially if you are using a mod that keeps crashing the game every few launches due to memory leaks, which was the case for me with the ball bearing/multiwheels mod ever since .22 or so. And this is why I also prefer stock parts since they just dont stop working. Multiwheels mod has not even been updated since .21, so there is a good chance this issue will never be fixed either. :(

Edited by boxman

I've had two long breaks from KSP and I'm well into the third. When I play for too long I just end up burned out.

I'm sure the combination of 0.24 and the NASA pack will get back into it properly.

I agree, I feel that KSP don't have enough stuff right now. I'm waiting for 0.24 and while I'm waiting I'm playing Team Fortress 2.

yes. i quit 0.22 because my first ship that ever made it to eeloo (with lander ready) just glitched out and disappeared. I was still an interplanetary noob at that point so it had taken me awhile to figure out how to get there...and i just stepped away until 0.23 came out.

a few days ago i decided to stop playing 0.23, and wait for 0.24. career mode is stale to me now, and while i love mods (just started getting into it) they've increased the amount of crashes i have, which sucks.

so i anxiously await 0.24, with the new bigger parts, and everything else associated with it. i think a break is nice here and there, because as great as KSP gets, you can end up getting a little bored (i mean after hundreds of hours played lol)

Generally it takes a much bigger offense than just having reached my peak level of options in a game for me to quit it that hard. KSP has never warranted a reaction so drastic, and I suspect it never will. It takes a game either not playing by its own rules or relying too much on random chance to sub in for proper game design, and KSP has never once shown the slightest inclination of going down either of those paths.

Yes, I've quit many times, mostly because I get burnt out. I'm somewhat of a newbie at the game and at the physics behind it all, so designing, planning, and sometimes even executing the missions almost stock are both satisfying and incredibly taxing. I usually come back after I'm mentally refreshed.

I've hit a brick wall many times. Sometimes I work and figure the problem out, other times I hop on the forums and tap into the amazingly vast knowledge base of the players. I've asked some silly questions in my time, but people here are extremely helpful. I've never considered quitting, KSP is just too much fun despite the occasional frustrations. :-)

I took a long break right after 0.21 came out and only got back to it a few weeks after 0.23. It'll be a loooong time before I get bored of this. After a thousand hours I still haven't left the Kerbin neighbourhood, because I'm having a ton of fun playing with all the great mods out there.

I normally play sandbox-style, and I've been burned out for a while after building a modular Munbase, a station in Kerbin orbit, and several SSTO spaceplanes. I started a new career save though, and now I'm actually excited about doing SCIENCE again :D

I certainly have taken long breaks from KSP, because I often end up installing too many mods and breaking the game. Right now I think I'll wait for 0.24, which seems to bring a lot of fresh stuff.

I've haven't been really playing the game for 2 months now (it might even be 3 or 4, I didn't count it). It's just that I don't have much time and got bored. Trying to change to other games worked for me. Playing Banished and some really old school games like WormsBlast helps me to stay happy now. I keep following all dev blogs and news tought because I find those the most interesting about ksp, all the development. I guess I'll start playing ksp again when there are more challenges from within the game.

Yes, I have been fed up with it a while ago. Did not play for a couple of months and then returned. Now I have pretty much the same, although now it is due to external factors.

It's nice to take a pause every once in awhile - you burn through the game and your interest too quickly otherwise.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I just did recently until a new update comes out, and I've only had it for a month. I spent countless hours trying to unsuccessfully rescue Kerbals from the Mun which turned into what felt like frustrating work. I just don't have it in me to continue when I don't know what I'm doing wrong in any of the hundred steps or more of planning. I will probably return after the game is finally released and more polished. Right now, it's just too heartbreaking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.