(0.23.5) Cerrakk's planet system 20 new planets and moons [heavy WIP] (Version 0.3!)

Cerrakk

I present to you:Cerrakk's planet system

4SqSOmf.png

What is it?

It's a planet pack inspired by the urania pack of sido (If you want to visit it here is the link I really like it :) :http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66882-0-23-Sido-s-Urania-System-16-new-planets-and-moon-%21 )

So, what is in this pack?

In this pack are 9 planets, 6 moons, 4 "dwarf Planets and moons" and 1 gas giant. And they "mostly" have science configs.

Where is Neta in the solar system?

It's between Duna and Dres in an 30 million kilometer orbit around the sun.

What are the names of the planets?

Neta is the gas giant.

Sebron, a white deformed body.

Edop, a seismic active grey planet.

Gite, the moon of Edop.

Astir, a planet that looks almost the same as Duna.

Enor, the massive moon of the planet Astir.

Phaneb, a dead grey desert with massive impacts.

Roundel, the roundest and sweetest object in the solar system,moon of Phaneb.

Laria, the second moon of Phaneb, he is the "twin" of Roundel.

Therian, the smallest planet in the Neta system.

Ruspho, "moon" of Therian, Scientist believe that he is an captured astreoid.

Talot, a "dwarf" moon of Neta.

Themeut, the last moon of Neta.

Turus, Themeuts big moon.

Minios, a very small moon.

Zetis, It's a bit like an astreriod but bigger.

Marker, a big strawberry like planet.

Natania, the moon of Marker.

Cenope, is behind Jools orbit.

Hutania, is a little moon of Cenope.

Pics?

Here you go!

http://imgur.com/a/Ecasd

So how do I install it?

It's pretty simple.

1. Step: You install the planetfactory CE mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE (Unzip it, and put the PlanetFactory in your GameData)

2. Step: You remove the following three folders:Barry, Serious and Stella, you can find them in: GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory (You must remove them or the game will crash!)

3. Step: Download the Cerrakk system here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt6sd612tnrsfbg/Cerrakk%27s%20planet%20system.zip and then put the Cerrak's planet system folder into GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory , and then you have it!

(additional science config step): If you want the science of the Planets (I know that you want it:D) put the ScienceDefs.cfg file into GameData\Squad\Resources, and overwrite the existing one.

(You can't play with the sentar expension, your game will crash!).

Known problems

If you time warp at Gite at a low altitude your spacecraft will crash (I dunno what causes this issue :sealed:)

The map will be broken after a while and your ship will start to rotate, this is an issue of planetfactory CE (the only way to fix this problem is by saving and reloading the game).

The map of Enor is just blue:huh:, I don't know what causes this problem but it would help if someone tells me what the problem is.:)

If you find more bugs please report them! I really appreciate it :).

To do list

Add more planets.

Clouds?

Trans-Netanian object.

Revise Astir and Enor.

Change the textures of the gas giant.

.= These things are going to happen.

?= I'm not sure about that.

And thanks to Kragrathea for the awesome Planetfactory CE mod.

LICENSE :

F2x8jsw.png

I hope you enjoy my work :D

(You are welcome for writing better planet descriptions than mine, because i think these are not the best. :huh:)

And also sorry for my terrible english I'm from Switzerland :D

Changelog:

Version 0.0: Initial release

Version 0.1:

Added a new planet named Talot

He is not in the Neta system he is orbiting the sun: He was a moon of Neta until he was hit by a big object that shot him out.

Did corrections to Astir and Enor, Astir is now orbiting Enor. Enor got a new surface (Enor's map is still blue? :huh:)

Changed the planets index, so nobody will get a problem with FAR.

Version 0.2

Added 3 new Planets to the Neta system: Themeut,Turus and Minios

(Enor still not fixed !???)

Version 0.3

Added 3 New planets to the solar system: Zetis,Natania and Marker ( they don't have science jet) (In 0.3.1: Added two new planets Cenope and Hutania)

Changed the map of Neta (I'ts more reddish now)

Edited by Cerrakk

You did a great job on this! It's a very interesting system. I can't wait to put a rover down on some of those planets...

Looking forward to more of your planets.

You should probably add a version number so we know when you have updated.

Edited by Larrt_M

Nice, but not crazy.

I'm advice you to change your planet's index, cause actually you got random one.

Take a number (300 for example) and growth it step by step for your planet or players got a bug with FAR.

Otherwise, it's cool, well thinking and graphically interresting.

Sid

I'm advice you to change your planet's index, cause actually you got random one.

Take a number (300 for example) and growth it step by step for your planet or players got a bug with FAR.

Ok, I will do that in the future, thanks for the feedback! :D

Interesting, but I suggest a custom texture for the Laythe and Duna pair, just to give it more... definition.

Yeah, revise Astir and Enor is on my to do list.

Landed on Talot in the lighter area near the large impact crater. Great job on that crater, it looks very cool! Also, nice ground texture in that light area. Great planet for driving a rover. Looking forward to more planets.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-1115-47-58-04.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-1116-06-58-87.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-1116-49-19-66.jpg

Edited by Larrt_M

What is going on with Minios?

That was my fault... ( forgot to put the _ away from the files) Thanks for reporting!:) Should be fixed now!

Three new planets, nice!

Will my saves with v0.1 still be OK with the v0.2?

Well, mostly, the flags could be on another Planet or your orbits of the spacecrafts could be different.

That was my fault... ( forgot to put the _ away from the files) Thanks for reporting!:) Should be fixed now!

Well, mostly, the flags could be on another Planet or your orbits of the spacecrafts could be different.

My saves seem OK. Downloading again.

I really love all the work that goes into these planets. Especially if there's science. But.. other then personal preference.. Why is it people cram all their planets into one system? Does it save on resources or something? I mean the Urania pack, this pack the planets are all very well done, but why not spread them out through the solar system?

I really love all the work that goes into these planets. Especially if there's science. But.. other then personal preference.. Why is it people cram all their planets into one system? Does it save on resources or something? I mean the Urania pack, this pack the planets are all very well done, but why not spread them out through the solar system?

I think it's just because there is no other gas giant in the stock game. But I'm doing more Planets and yes i will spread them out across the solar system :) .

• 4 weeks later...

Update to Version 0.3!

After a long break (real life and so on:rolleyes:) i came back with three new planets!

(I will release 2 more planets tomorrow, I had no time to release them all!)

All the details are on the first post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.