[0.23] [Horizon Aeronautics] Zenit-3SLB [v1.2] updated 3/9/14

stubbles

does this work for .23.5?

i'll check and post the results if no one else knows yet

Based on my experience, not it does not. I was wondering if anyone has begun investigating a fix yet? I was curious if the problem would lie in the smoke screen portion of the mod? Maybe just deleting that .dll may have in impact. Guess i'll give it a whirl and report back.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely an Epic first release. The sounds and detail are amazing man... I don't get very many approvals here in this community, but I cant see one person having anything negative to say about your release, except possibly MOAR...

• 4 weeks later...

Stubbles posted in the development thread that they were starting a short term contract and would be busy with work for a little while

Hopefully everything is going well and we'll see him again soon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After finally testing it, I gotta say this might well be the most beautiful model of a rocket I've ever seen in KSP. The sound and visual effects of the engines are magnificent, and clearly a lot of work went into recreating all the aspects of the original rocket (including verniers on the second stage and attitude thrusters on the orbital tug!) all the while keeping the part count remarkably low. The only complaint I have is that the 1st stage decoupler has attachment nodes that are too small, causing excessive wobble. The mod as a whole might be of questionable usefulness and quite heavy memory-wise, but boy, is it beautiful... This definitely needs an RSS config, I'd love to try it full-sized.

1dvdEeh.png

Edited by Hattivat

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to bring this back out of the land of the dead, to see if someone was still in contact with Stubbles. This was a beautiful launcher that became a serious loss. I cant be the only one that loved this piece of work.

Hey thx Cripp, as always, your out their helping us under-educated peoples enjoy our KSP that much more.

Thx for all the hard work Cripp

Dren

edit: Are you guys kidding me. If Cripp gets this launcher working correctly and they some how manage to get the fairings to function as well, any one that has been around here since .18 will tell you, this is one of the top 5 launchers in GAME. DL this (bugs included) and try not to agree, this is one epic launcher.

Edited by ArkaelDren

• 6 months later...

@MeCrippAwesome work. I've been testing this in 1.0.5 over the past few days and so far everything looks good, except the decouplers seem a little too powerful during the separation. I don't know if its an issue related to excessive ejection force or 1.0.5 convex colliders. 

I'll start by lowering the ejection force and see what happens. 

10 hours ago, MeCripp said:

stubbles

Really did a great job on this mod and all still works good and let me know how your testing goes @Delta_8930

What did you do with the stage1/stage2 decoupler to get it to work?  When I dusted this mod off a couple of weeks ago, I had the 'exploding decoupler' problem when staging, which I assume was because of the colliders change.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

What did you do with the stage1/stage2 decoupler to get it to work?  When I dusted this mod off a couple of weeks ago, I had the 'exploding decoupler' problem when staging, which I assume was because of the colliders change.

So far I haven't tried fixing this problem yet. I've been spending the last couple of days checking all other aspects, and they seem to be working fine. Also, for me, the decouplers don't seem to "explode"-they just seem to have excessive ejection force. However, both cases might require the decouplers to go through Unity again. 

5 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

So far I haven't tried fixing this problem yet. I've been spending the last couple of days checking all other aspects, and they seem to be working fine. Also, for me, the decouplers don't seem to "explode"-they just seem to have excessive ejection force. However, both cases might require the decouplers to go through Unity again. 

The upper stages worked for me - the shroud for stage 3 definitely has way too much ejection force (I used the slider to set it to 10% or lower so it wouldn't destroy pieces when it was ejected).  But the girder / cage decoupler that surrounds the 2nd stage engines exploded on me when I staged it.  Although I may have edited the wrong nodes to allow it to seat correctly - I recall there was one node on top and two on the bottom, but the top node did not seem to be the right one to use, since it left the engine exposed.

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.