Professor Kerbenstein's wonderous vertical propulsion emporium.

Kerb-fu

Behold my master paint skills!

G2QLiyq.jpg

It's just a prototype of a steam rocket engine. Those pipes are thiner on the end to make steam more presurized and give more thrust. Ah- and those coal thingys are meant to be a donut shape thing around the boiling bowl.

http://i.imgur.com/G2QLiyq.jpg

It's just a prototype of a steam rocket engine. Those pipes are thiner on the end to make steam more presurized and give more thrust. Ah- and those coal thingys are meant to be a donut shape thing around the boiling bowl.

Cool concept, i will try an inline steam rocket, cheers :)

and now another pic... because COGS !!!

0E5sNHb.jpg

"Whale oil"?

Dishonored reference?

Anyway this looks great its a nice blend of Da Vinci mixed with steam punk witch is an interesting mix.

It has been mentioned in other places, I think the concept is sound as the substance was heavily used in Victorian times.

And thanks for the interest... it keeps me going ;)

http://i.imgur.com/G2QLiyq.jpg

Uhhh, sorry to burst your bubble, but making the nozzle smaller wouldn't really help with exhaust velocity. What WOULD heighten the exhaust velocity, however, is to put a proper rocket nozzle (or something that looks like an aerospike) on.

Uhhh, sorry to burst your bubble, but making the nozzle smaller wouldn't really help with exhaust velocity. What WOULD heighten the exhaust velocity, however, is to put a proper rocket nozzle (or something that looks like an aerospike) on.

i plan to model all my steam rockets with "de Laval nozzle 's"..

... so many plans.... so little sleep

anyway, i just came off a 12 hour nightshift, so time for 6 more hours of modding shennanigans.... HUZZAH!!!

I'm not even a huge fan of steampunk, but I love the imagination in what you're doing. Have you ever been to an amusement park in Branson, MO called Silver Dollar City? They have a roller coaster called Wildfire, and the theming and story is that there's this mad inventor who created a fuel called wildfire to power a flying machine across the Ozarks. I immediately thought of that when I saw your rockets. It's hard to find good pictures of the coaster theming, but there are a few here: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/05/blast-from-past-wildfire-at-silver.html

I look forward to seeing where you take this!

I'm not even a huge fan of steampunk, but I love the imagination in what you're doing. Have you ever been to an amusement park in Branson, MO called Silver Dollar City? They have a roller coaster called Wildfire, and the theming and story is that there's this mad inventor who created a fuel called wildfire to power a flying machine across the Ozarks. I immediately thought of that when I saw your rockets. It's hard to find good pictures of the coaster theming, but there are a few here: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/05/blast-from-past-wildfire-at-silver.html

I look forward to seeing where you take this!

Thanks for the support :) I do like some of the concepts on that link

It looks nice. And i also just found out, i can't see a way of making use of cogs in Ksp. What are they for?

And the one with a copule like cabin would look better for me if those metal-dotted-thingys would be slowly getting small and curvier for them to end where glass couple starts and have the same curve in the place where it starts... if you don't know what i mean i can make use of my super paint skills and draw it :P

Edited by cziken20

It looks nice. And i also just found out, i can't see a way of making use of cogs in Ksp. What are they for?

And the one with a copule like cabin would look better for me if those metal-dotted-thingys would be slowly getting small and curvier for them to end where glass couple starts and have the same curve in the place where it starts... if you don't know what i mean i can make use of my super paint skills and draw it :P

sounds fair, i will see what i can come up with

I have some ideas for animating the cogs, I will have to see how that pans out.

This makes me want to laugh like a mad scientist. Mwahahahaha!!

Being a mad scientist means never stopping to ask, "What's the worst thing that could happen?"

(Variant on Maxim #17 of the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.