NASA Asteroid Redirect Mission Pack/0.23.5 Images: now with 100% more SLS

Mach_XXII

Images for the NASA Mission Pack + Stock SLS

For those who haven't seen it a new video to show off the asteroids by Maxmaps/officalKSPdev YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nfRe0696vZM

tIsYUjs.jpg6Um6ty1.jpg

yu0NlfR.jpg

j9jVeL8.jpgKIff9KQ.jpg

•---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------•

This is NOT what the rocket will look like ingame. is to show what the rocket is inspired by after http://www.spacenews.com/sites/spacenews.com/files/images/articles/imported//SLS_Dynetics02.jpg

Edited by Mach_XXII
Update

Awesome :D Now, imagine how much fun we would have if there would be mineable resources in those rocks :P SQUAD pleeaassseeee...make it happen.

I'm sure the Kethane mod will get updated for this.

Some people are at least going to try it. Not sure if they'll succeed but they will try.

People will succeed at it, I have no doubt at all of that.

If you think about it..it may not even be the most tremendously hard thing to do from a lko.

I'm sure the Kethane mod will get updated for this.

That may be more difficult to do than you might think, because these things are basically single-part spaceships with the model of a giant rock. In doing so, Squad was able to reuse existing code for almost everything (how the object transitions between SOIs, how it and its trajectory information gets saved with the game, how you can rendezvous with it, how it behaves during timewarp, how it is affected by physics and so on).

So unless Kethane finds a way to allow you to drill spaceships for resources, that's probably not going to happen :D

Some people are at least going to try it. Not sure if they'll succeed but they will try.

With enough parachutes you can land anything on Kerbin! But it looks like they took FASA's asteroid mod and put it into the game.

That may be more difficult to do than you might think, because these things are basically single-part spaceships with the model of a giant rock. In doing so, Squad was able to reuse existing code for almost everything (how the object transitions between SOIs, how it and its trajectory information gets saved with the game, how you can rendezvous with it, how it behaves during timewarp, how it is affected by physics and so on).

So unless Kethane finds a way to allow you to drill spaceships for resources, that's probably not going to happen :D

Aww, we won't be able to walk around on them then? Drat! I was hoping they'd found a way to make celestial bodies that could have their trajectory altered.

Oh well, I guess the mod could be tweaked to have fuel transfers "look" like drilling. A cheap hack yes but it would work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.