NASA Asteroid Redirect Mission Pack/0.23.5 Images: now with 100% more SLS

Mach_XXII

I wonder if they showed a Kerbal SLS during the talk.

I hope so. I really like the SLS, and seeing it in KSP would be amazing. I've tried many times to make it stock (and modded for that matter , as well) and never succeded :(

Have you ever happened to attempt to make it in KSP? :)

I hope so. I really like the SLS, and seeing it in KSP would be amazing. I've tried many times to make it stock (and modded for that matter , as well) and never succeded :(

Have you ever happened to attempt to make it in KSP? :)

I haven't tried in a while. My design skills have improved significantly since.

That may be more difficult to do than you might think, because these things are basically single-part spaceships with the model of a giant rock. In doing so, Squad was able to reuse existing code for almost everything (how the object transitions between SOIs, how it and its trajectory information gets saved with the game, how you can rendezvous with it, how it behaves during timewarp, how it is affected by physics and so on).

So unless Kethane finds a way to allow you to drill spaceships for resources, that's probably not going to happen :D

Hmmmmm, I wonder how many parachutes I could attach to an asteroid using KAS....

I wonder if they showed a Kerbal SLS during the talk.

They did show the new SLS-type parts at the beginning of the video and they were sweet. I'm surprised no one took a picture or video. I would have if I had a real camera with me.

hint hint upload the astroid video :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.