NASA Asteroid Redirect Mission Pack/0.23.5 Images: now with 100% more SLS

Mach_XXII

One image of the SLS and i will explode for the hype.

Agreed. Personally I am more interested in the new parts than the actual asteroids. I'd say it has been far too long since there have been really interesting rocket parts added.

C7 is drafting up a recap of his experiences down there. There will be some photos made available, though I'm not clear at this time if they will be specifically from the panel. If you're looking for a peek at ARM, though. We've got something planned that should hopefully go out in the next day or two. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Just got the draft. Well two, actually. One for each major event. I'm waiting to see if something we're talking about today will happen or not. If it doesn't, you'll see one of the drafts today, followed by the other soon after. If it does, well, something tells me you won't mind it being delayed by another day if all plans pan out.

EDIT 2: Welp - plans didn't pan out, so enjoy Chad's recaps today and tomorrow. We will, however, have something more in the next few days. Hopefully by the start of next week at the latest.

EDIT 3: Chad's next recap moved to early next week. I've got something else of relative interest for tomorrow.

Oh no! It sounds like we almost got .24, then something happened.

Looking at the pictures of the SXSW stage screen. To me it appears that the attachment part 'grappler' is a docking port type thing. I can't see any arm type thing. Anyone agree or have other assessment/interpretation of these three pictures of the ARM ship and asteroid?

Looking at the pictures of the SXSW stage screen. To me it appears that the attachment part 'grappler' is a docking port type thing. I can't see any arm type thing. Anyone agree or have other assessment/interpretation of these three pictures of the ARM ship and asteroid?

Yes it looks like an docking port. My guess is that its an port who sticks to anything like much of the KAS stuff but give an connection as stiff as an docking port.

I see the main issue as getting the ship docked trough the asteroid center of mass both contact point and orientation would be critical here.

Should be possible to send an kerbal to mark the target with an flag or something.

After seeing some threads and reactions to SQUADs FAQ blog entry here on the forums, i wouldnt post more than "something cool with NASA and asteroids is coming up" anymore... But i cant wait any longer for sure :D

They could be early prototypes, which will be/have been cleaned up a little later (we don't know at what dev stage these pictures were taken).

Also, it is hard to tell, but are they 5 metres or 3 metres in diameter? They seem larger than the 3 m parts I've used in the past, but I could be mistaken.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.