L.A. Industries

Arod70

L.A. Industries

By Arod70 and LestatVamp

L.A. Industries is proud to present you the Beta version of our first mod: Koviet Rockets.

But, before, there are some little things to say about L.A. Industries. First, we're french, so forgive me if I do a few write mistakes. Second, this is only a beta and is still in development; there are some others parts which we will add to this mod, and others rockets are planned.

Now, the addon. As i said before, there is only one rocket, the K-5. The K-5 is inspired of the Sovietic Semiorka rocket (Sputnik model), but is a little 1.25m launcher which is only composed of boosters. A little probe to launch with it is planned.

728963screenshot25.png

There is still some things to do on this rocket, the textures can be improved, the meshes also... but we think that it's ready for the beta.

So, if you have downloaded the addon and if you find a bug, if you have a criticism to do, or something else, contact us at the e-mail adress or put it on this thread.

E-mail: [email protected]

Link for download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_C5Qtr4EZ47LWZ6bjNmemF3RFk/edit?usp=sharing

Arod70

Edited by Arod70

Indeed. There are already mods which add Sovietic or American rocket replicas, and this rockets are not always adapted to the game. So we wanted to add rockets that are inspired of sovietic models but which are adapted to KSP, and to differenciate us of others modders and no plagiarize. :)

Do you really believe that Kerbals are able to build a N1 L3 ? :D

Well, they have built stuff that looks like Saturn V's, so a Hercules N-1 shouldn't be much harder. BTW, did you know that only the first N-1 ever test launched was an N-1 L-3? Number two was N-1 L-4, number three was N-1 L-5 and the fourth and last test launch was N-1 L-6. All of them blew up, sadly.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want inspiration, there's the whole R-7 family (Soyuz, Vostok, Voskhod, Molniya), the Zenit rocket, the N-1, the Angara family and... Energia.

Edited by wasmic

Thx Boamere.

wasmic: BobCat Ind did the "Soviet Pack" that add R-7 Semiorka (different variants, 3 I think), N1 L3, Proton, and Vostok with an extension and Lunhokod. And the K-5 is inspired of the R-7, R-7 is the Semiorka. :)

Once, i tried to do a Vostok-like space ship, maybe I will try to finish it. And I'm working on a N1-like rocket, an heavy launcher. :)

I hadn't thought at Angara, but it looks like a modern R-7, i think. If we do an Angara like launcher, there is the Rus M rocket too that looks like Angara. Mmm...

Edited by Arod70

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.