Custom Flags - Airogue's Custom KSP Flag pack v.1.0

Airogue

Hey everyone,

first off, thank you to everyone who's been so active in creating mods for this game. You have inspired me to try a little customization. I don't know how to code, but pretty good with photoshop. So I took it upon my self to create a pack with a bunch of flags that I feel have been lacking. Here are 75 flags I made. They are U.S. historic/patriot flags, to Pirate flags, to Aviation companies, to comics and fantasy flags. This was my first pack and after 75 I was falling short on ideas, plus I wanted to get something out there to you all. I can always create more and another pack.

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any requests for future flags, either single or series/theme. :)

Flag pack: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/airogueflagpackv1/

Flagpackv1_preview_zps499246c6.png

Btw, the image flags I thought would make cool banners for the background. Since the flag becomes a large banner hanging in the hangers, these could hang adding a cool image versus just the plain flag. Don't forget to switch it though before flight if you don't intend to plant that picture in the soil haha. The pictures were tests, and they came out pretty good, so I will probably do some more in the next release as well.

Cobra, Anon and anarchy flags!? :D

Downloaded!

Exactly! I couldn't believe I didn't find a pack with those before mine :confused:

But I will try to do some more "far out" ones as well. I will also start tweaking the current ones, making a flat image and a hanging flag image. I don't know if you have used FASA, but there is a flag part that allows you to put it on your ship. The flat images look better on the ships in my opinion, where the hanging flag looks good in the hangers or on the flag pole.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Airogue, I was thinking about this a long time ago, I wanted to make a logo for each company in KSP. Well, I thought it matched the flag logos. Including KW, B9 etc and they can be used by modders to slap in some parts. XD

This is very easy to do. All I would need is the emblem or symbol of said companies. Often there are OLLLLDDD companies, now defunk'd that have great emblems to manipulate or even barrow in their entirety. There are also TONS of emblems and symbols on the public domain created by people past and present. A quick google search will provide them. An example is the Scorpion tail symbol I made into one of the flags. I just typed "symbols" into image search and many many sheets of random symbols and emblems were brought up.

First thing though would be someone willing to compile a list of every company, then the creators of said company chosing or providing an emblem. Before that, I feel it's only a dream ;-)

FASA has a fantastic part that I use to put my space agency emblem on my planes and spacecraft. It takes the flag and generates it as a raised "panel" on the craft. It looks great.

This is an example of the largest flag panel (the x4 size). I chose the largest just to show it easier

CCEDE7904560B6E3140AD48A35F9D19DEDAE0C99

I see you gave the Amarr Empire a flag, but what about the Gallente Federation, Caldari State, or Minmatar Republic?

I can do that. The Amarr was by request. Can you send me images (links to them) and I can easily make the rest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey everyone,

first off, thank you to everyone who's been so active in creating mods for this game. You have inspired me to try a little customization. I don't know how to code, but pretty good with photoshop. So I took it upon my self to create a pack with a bunch of flags that I feel have been lacking. Here are 75 flags I made. They are U.S. historic/patriot flags, to Pirate flags, to Aviation companies, to comics and fantasy flags. This was my first pack and after 75 I was falling short on ideas, plus I wanted to get something out there to you all. I can always create more and another pack.

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any requests for future flags, either single or series/theme. :)

Flag pack: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/airogueflagpackv1/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Justinfluegel/Flagpackv1_preview_zps499246c6.png

Looks Great! Especially The Dont Tread on me's!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.