Tradition... TRADITION!

ping111

For Christmas my family and I got to see Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol' and then we eat at P.F. Changs. For Thanksgiving we have a pizza. That\'s about it, I think.

Not bad.

Here\'s one:

We make a special video presentation every Passover.

Getting badly drunk with my family for the New Year, grilling a chicken in the backyard, launching some fireworks, then walking to take a look at the frozen sea (that\'s 2 kilometers from the home). And keeping dad from falling to the roadside trench on the way back :)

Then trying to sleep while my younger sister sings karaoke with her mates next door till 6 A.M. >:(

Ah, just forgot to mention. Gabbing \'bout rocket science (to which neither dad nor me related) before we get way too drunk. That makes a younger sister quite angry (she\'s a philologist). Yes, that\'s a tradition too :D

• 3 weeks later...

Salutations.

What traditions does your family have?

Here\'s one of mine:

We eat Chinese food on Christmas. I know it\'s generic, but it\'s true.

GO!

I do that on Christmas eve and watch the Christmas story before

• 2 years later...

Hi Ping,

We make special dishes on Christmas, give presents to relatives and specially to kids. I like Pixie Elf most as they came in different sexes and skins with lovely keepsake box and hardbound children book.

Every christmas we:

1. wife makes cheese triangles. Mmmmm. Feta stuffed pastries

2. kids and I make puppy chow (aka muddy buddies)

3. roast a 70 lbs pig. We feed around 20 people (friends and family)

Halloween consists of everyone in the house dressing up (scary), decorating the outside of the house with fog machines, strobes and lots of costume blood and we scare the crap out of the neighborhood. This will be our 8th year. Neighborhood kids love it, family and friends stop by and hangout. We dole out about 9 lbs of candy (that's a lot of candy)

In Poland there's "home alone" on TV every christmas... We have always have 12 different dishes, the most important are red borscht with uszka, bigos and some cakes like mazurek. We share with christmas waffer. There's additional chair for an unexpected guest next to the table. We wait for presents until we can see the first star on the sky. And of course there's christmas tree

On easter we do all of this bunny and easter eggs stuff... Poland is very religous catholic country so most of us before the easter go to church to bless "święconka" (easter basket), there are eggs, some bread, some kiełbasa, salt, mustard and a lamb (symbol of Christ) made out of sugar or butter (eventually chocolate) inside the basket. I always eat the head of the sugar lamb :).

On new year eve we go to the town pier (it's a coastal town), wait until 12o'clock and watch the fireworks

In Poland there's "home alone" on TV every christmas... We have always have 12 different dishes, the most important are red borscht with uszka, bigos and some cakes like mazurek. We share with christmas waffer. There's additional chair for an unexpected guest next to the table. We wait for presents until we can see the first star on the sky. And of course there's christmas tree

On easter we do all of this bunny and easter eggs stuff... Poland is very religous catholic country so most of us before the easter go to church to bless "święconka" (easter basket), there are eggs, some bread, some kiełbasa, salt, mustard and a lamb (symbol of Christ) made out of sugar or butter (eventually chocolate) inside the basket. I always eat the head of the sugar lamb :).

On new year eve we go to the town pier (it's a coastal town), wait until 12o'clock and watch the fireworks

My mother in law makes a mean Chrusciki.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.