[0.23.5] Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits - v0.38 - 14th April 14

Green Skull

I can not get custom suits for individual Kerbals working to save my life. I have no idea if it's a config file issue, a folder/file structure issue, or something else entirely. I moved a few suits into the Suits folder, then appended the lines in the config file as stated in the readme and such.

Example: Bill Kerman = BILLkerbalhead GSI_Black_Suit

Every suit just shows as the default suit. I changed the files in the Default folder to make sure TextureReplacer was doing something and it will use whatever color/style suit I put there as default, so it's at least reading the files and applying them. I can see all the suit folders being read by the game on start-up in the loading bar, so it's trying to do something. It just won't assign specific suits to the main Kerbals at all. I also want the generic Kerbals to be assigned one out of 3 or 4 suits and it fails to do that.

EDIT: Nevermind, everything is sorted out. It looks like the updated TextureReplacer has fixed my issues. Bill, Bob, and Jeb now have their own suits and generics have their own suit list.

Edited by Ouroboros00

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On another note, could you make a black and orange variation of the GSI black and green suit? I'd do it myself, but GIMP doesn't want to load properly.

After reading this I thought that would be a cool color combo, so I made it for you.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link here to download the black/orange suit > https://www.dropbox.com/s/0alvxl07qf0k9vb/KSP-Black-Orange-Suits.zip?dl=0

Just make a folder in the "suits" folder called KSP_Black_Orange or something and drop the file in there. Then use it as you would any other.

I was going to post here and ask where the blue SRI helmet is because I can't find it anywhere. I have the suit, I downloaded I think every pack, and I can't find it.... Making my own now :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have a problem. I am using the texture replacement mod with male and female heads, blue suits. And it works - somehow. Now I wanted to give certain kerbals certain heads and suits, but it just won't work (but I get my game to crash, first timer ;))

My CFG-File looks like this:

TextureReplacer

{

CustomKerbals

{ Jebediah Kerman = JEBhead JEBsuit }

{ Bill Kerman = BILLhead BILLsuit }

{ Bob Kerman = BOBhead BOBsuit }

{ Myself = MYhead MYsuit }

}

The files are correctly named and located at GameData\TextureReplacer\Heads and GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits

I followed the instruction manuals from Greenskull, but it just won't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings, Farex.

Edited by Farex

I have the latest one installed, since there seemed to be a bug in the recent version (read about it here in the forum).

I can tell you more when I get home.

The CFG-file --> should it be working? I mean, I wrote this out of memory but I'm pretty sure it's written like this.

Hello there,

I have a problem. I am using the texture replacement mod with male and female heads, blue suits. And it works - somehow. Now I wanted to give certain kerbals certain heads and suits, but it just won't work (but I get my game to crash, first timer ;))

My CFG-File looks like this:

TextureReplacer

{

CustomKerbals

{ Jebediah Kerman = JEBhead JEBsuit }

{ Bill Kerman = BILLhead BILLsuit }

{ Bob Kerman = BOBhead BOBsuit }

{ Myself = MYhead MYsuit }

}

The files are correctly named and located at GameData\TextureReplacer\Heads and GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits

I followed the instruction manuals from Greenskull, but it just won't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings, Farex.

Wrong config. It should be like:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = JEBhead JEBsuit
Bill Kerman = BILLhead BILLsuit
Bob Kerman = BOBhead BOBsuit
Myself = MYhead MYsuit
}
}

I installed those orange suits for JBB. How do I get rest of Kerbals wearing the default, red striped suit (deleted the one in default folder since that wasn't it. At least the helmet wasn't... or was it? Anyways, that just got all of them to wear the orange suit.

Edited by Las-pen

...which I did, but as I mentioned that just got every Kerbal to wear orange suit.

Oh wait!

There's folder in default I named "backup" containing the GreenSkull default suit.

I'll report back soon

Weird thing is that the menu guys (those are affected also, aren't they) are wearing the stock suit.

EDIT: removed the backup folder from default. Didn't help. Everyone still dressed in orange.

Step by step I did when I installed

1. Downloaded the KSP package

2. Dumped "green skull inc/gamedata/texturereplacer/default" (from the zip) in "gamedata/texturereplacer/default" (in the main folder) AND the "KSP_orange_suit" in "Gamedata/texturereplacer/suits"

3. Threw that yellow striped helmet and gold tinted visor from alternate textures there also (in texturereplacer/suits/ksp_orange_suit, to be specific)

4. @Greenskull.cfg in Gamedata/texturereplacer

5. Emptied the gamedata/texturereplacer/default -folder

Edited by Las-pen