[0.23.5] Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits - v0.38 - 14th April 14

Green Skull

Just love this mod so much. Keep up the good work. Have been telling everyone about this.

Would love a dark black suit and jet pack with Chrome Iridium EVA visor and Australian Flags as badges for AUS-SP (Australian-Space Program)

Want to start recording video journal for career mode.

I have issues with reflective. Fresh install of everything plus mod.

I still get a solid texture. Any idea?

Have checked and I am using the Alternative textures and the jpg that says reflective for black.

Does not look like above.

http://i.imgur.com/fesUxE3s.jpg

Are you using any other visual enhancement mods? and do you have the latest version - v0.35?

I put the folder in the game data folder not sure how to give Jebediah Kerman a gemini 8 space suit I am recreating the gemini docking with agena

Create jebediah folder

Now do I transfer the textures from alternate to this folder ?

1. Find the texture you wish to use - in this case Gemini 8 EVA suit. Copy both of the images in the folder.

2. Open the TextureReplacer file in Game Data folder.

3. Open the Custom Kerbals folder and then the Jebediah Kerman folder.

4. Paste the new suit into the folder and when it asks you replace the files all ready there.

Now when you load the game Jebediah will be wearing the Gemini 8 suit. To change the regual kerbals just pate into the folder named Default.

Easy!

Where can we get that Black and Green version???????????????????????????????????????

Way to HOT.....

Good stuff.

The only way to get a Green Skull stealth suit is to contribute to a released pack or the mod as a whole :) There are only two sets in existance so far! Me and CERVERUS both have one and I need to make one each for the remaining pre alpha testers.

Just love this mod so much. Keep up the good work. Have been telling everyone about this.

Would love a dark black suit and jet pack with Chrome Iridium EVA visor and Australian Flags as badges for AUS-SP (Australian-Space Program)

Want to start recording video journal for career mode.

In time there will be a black suit release. I like the idea of the Iridium visor :D

The only way to get a Green Skull stealth suit is to contribute to a released pack or the mod as a whole :) There are only two sets in existance so far! Me and CERVERUS both have one and I need to make one each for the remaining pre alpha testers.

Check your PM when you get a chance.

Cheers.

Are you using any other visual enhancement mods? and do you have the latest version - v0.35?

In testing I made sure I had a totally fresh install of KSP with no MODS but the latest version of the release. Just to make sure no mods were impacting it.

Odd as the tinted visors seem perfect with reflections but no solids with reflections.

Has me stuffed as to why....UNLESS it is a game setting but tested with gradually increasing to highest specs.

Again just has me stumped.

In testing I made sure I had a totally fresh install of KSP with no MODS but the latest version of the release. Just to make sure no mods were impacting it.

Odd as the tinted visors seem perfect with reflections but no solids with reflections.

Has me stuffed as to why....UNLESS it is a game setting but tested with gradually increasing to highest specs.

Again just has me stumped.

I am looking into this now and will report back ASAP

I am looking into this now and will report back ASAP

Is this only at the loading screen or in space? On my install I'm currently testing a new iridium visor and at the loading screen no reflection but in space I get reflection.

Two ways to check:

One do an EVA in space.

Or two if you don't have a ship in space -

To check go into the plugin file in texture replacer (GameData\TextureReplacer\PluginData\TextureReplacer) and inside the configuration file change :

// Spawn a Kerbal on EVA in his/her IVA suit without helmet and jetpack when

// in breathable atmosphere (oxygen + sufficent pressure).

isAtmSuitEnabled = true

to

isAtmSuitEnabled = false

This will mean that now you can wear a helmet on kerbal. To change back simply change the setting back to true.

Launch a capsule and do an EVA and tell me if you get a reflection.

Is this only at the loading screen or in space? On my install I'm currently testing a new iridium visor and at the loading screen no reflection but in space I get reflection.

Two ways to check:

One do an EVA in space.

Or two if you don't have a ship in space -

To check go into the plugin file in texture replacer (GameData\TextureReplacer\PluginData\TextureReplacer) and inside the configuration file change :

isAtmSuitEnabled = true

to

isAtmSuitEnabled = false

This will mean that now you can wear a helmet on kerbal. To change back simply change the setting back to true.

Launch a capsule and do an EVA and tell me if you get a reflection.

Ok.

Test complete.

Loading Screen:

yU0RmOQ.png

EVA:

pkGbX5L.png

This is on the standalone install.

Odd as tinted works perfect...

Will keep testing.

Edited by stoland

Final test still had reflections with tinted but not solid.

Sorry for the questions but I would like to get to the bottom of this lol.

Did you get KSP from the main website or steam?

Are you on mac or pc - windows or linux?

Try converting from a .jpeg to a .png file on one reflective visor texture?

Last thing to try is download TextureReplacer direct from here - TextureReplacer-1-2 and drop textures in manually.

******************EDIT***************************

Ignore all of this. Sorry if you wasted time but the dark visor textures need re-work to get them correct. I will be releasing an update soon to fix this, only the tinted work for now :(

Edited by Green Skull

Purple Iridium tinted and reflective visors will available next patch which is expected to be v0.36.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/iridiumrelfectivevisor_zps56519f52.png

Also Chrome Purple Iridium Visors...

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/chromeiridiumvisor3_zps9347852d.png

So does this mean compatibility with TextureReplacer 1.2.1?

ÚþòõтÑÂúøø áþю÷... Brilliant; possibly my favorite Kerbal-pun to date. Is funnier in Russian, I think.

Anyway... about those tinted visors having an issue, I'm not sure how you went about achieving the effect as I haven't tried your pack yet but couldn't one create a checkerboard pattern of pixels alternating color and alpha to get something similar?

Does look awesome though.

ÚþòõтÑÂúøø áþю÷... Brilliant; possibly my favorite Kerbal-pun to date. Is funnier in Russian, I think.

Anyway... about those tinted visors having an issue, I'm not sure how you went about achieving the effect as I haven't tried your pack yet but couldn't one create a checkerboard pattern of pixels alternating color and alpha to get something similar?

Does look awesome though.

The pun is down to CERVERUS. He did say what it ment but I forget - so much going on lol.

As for the visors I am still experimenting so I haven't found the perfect way yet. The effect is via TextureReplacer working its magic! I haven't made my own custom visor reflections yet but I will.