[0.23.5] Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits - v0.38 - 14th April 14

Green Skull

This is most likely an issue the TextureReplacer, but Kerbals on atmospheric EVA without jetpacks have a pair of flags hovering behind them. I'm guessing this was an addition in the ARM update that rendered the selected flag on the jetpack. So, the jetpack is removed but the flags remain.

The next release v0.38 is coming together slowly but surely... The main highlight will be in say the FASA pack when you IVA in an Apollo LEM you will be wearing an Apollo Mission suit! Many thanks to Shaw and his hard work on TextureReplacer for making this a possibility!

FASAmunlanding2_zps8f53038c.png

Edited by Green Skull

Apologies for the broken pictures. The Irony is that it was actually the joker who broke them... Today's lesson was don't use photobucket to host your sig picture and post on forums a lot... Normal service will be resumed soon when I get back to my PC. Until then head over to the Green Skull Inc Development Thread and vote on what suits you want next!

>_> imgur > photobucket...

We can't see your images, man. Photobucket doesn't like you actually USING their service...

Yes I know hence last post - sorry to be blunt but that was kind of the point of the post. I will fix but at the minute I'm doing a ton of important stuff like sorting the next patch plus fixing my personal game so I can test the next patch :(

Announcing the winner of the poll:

The next project will be - New types of real suit - modern and past era for all you real life re-creationists. With 39.47% of the vote. Thank you to everyone who voted! I didn't know what was was going to win until today so here are my plans.

Implementation:

So the plan here is to introduce new types of suits and helmets in the STYLE OF THE ORIGINALS. I will try to re-create as well as I can. But you must realise that certain things cannot be changed like the shape of the Kerbal. Head shape. Suit shape. Helmet shape. We are currently stuck with this until a way to change is found.

I STATE THIS HERE AND NOW!!! THESE NEW SUITS WILL NOT BE EXACT REPLICAS AS THIS IS CURRENTLY IMPOSSIBLE. I WILL NOT BE DRAWN INTO LONG, STUPID AND POINTLESS DEBATES ON THIS. THIS DEBATE ENDS HERE AND NOW!!! DON'T LIKE THIS MAKE YOUR OWN.

The plan is to roll them out in groups as they are done. As usual I will post updates and progress for each suit as development happens. Current planned suits are listed below. Each new suit variation will come with appropriate patch variations. Proot's original suit that my current main texture is based on already resembles a U.S. Apollo 11 A7L. I will re-work this but not for a while.

Russian

SK-1 - Vostok

Berkut - Voskhod 2

Krechet-94 - Soviet Moon landing

Strizh - Buran

Sokol-K - Soyuz IVA

Sokol-KV2 - Soyuz IVA

Orlan - EVA - Will also be making a Jetpack in this style!!!

U.S.

Navy Mark IV - Mercury programme.

Gemini G4C - Gemini IVA and EVA suit.

Apollo A7L - Apollo IVA and EVA.

Apollo A7LB - Apollo 15-17 and Skylab IVA and EVA.

Advanced Crew Escape Suit - Space Shuttle crews later IVA suit A few important patches only.

Extravehicular Mobility Unit - Space Shuttle and International Space Station - Will also be making a Jetpack in this style!!!

Dude this MOD is screaming for custom suits!! IDK if you are a Star Trek fan but this guy created the Phoenix which is the first ship to achieve Warp 1 (just in case u didn't know). Any way awesome IVA and the ship even play Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf during liftoff. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/the-phoenix-0-23-5/ This Mod deserves to have a custom Geordi, Riker, and Cochrane. Even if you don't make custom suits, its still an awesome MOD. FYI its not like the other Star Trek mods. You have to launch the ship just like in the movie. So the modder made a titan missle, and the warp ship. Enjoy.

Dude this MOD is screaming for custom suits!! IDK if you are a Star Trek fan but this guy created the Phoenix which is the first ship to achieve Warp 1 (just in case u didn't know). Any way awesome IVA and the ship even play Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf during liftoff. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/the-phoenix-0-23-5/ This Mod deserves to have a custom Geordi, Riker, and Cochrane. Even if you don't make custom suits, its still an awesome MOD. FYI its not like the other Star Trek mods. You have to launch the ship just like in the movie. So the modder made a titan missle, and the warp ship. Enjoy.

Have heads. Need time to make suits :/ A decent new suit texture is at least a day in time with testing etc Star trek is on the list... Maybe I can turn out some basic ones real quick...

Dude no worries, take your time the stuff you do is amazing. I was messing around with the MOD and it was the first time when I said to myself, wow the only thing that could make this better, are proper Kerbals. I think that means my addiction to this game is now complete because I am down to thinking that the Kerbinauts aren't quite right but whatever I dont care anymore. So take your time, if anything I just wanted to let you know about the mod and its potential for custom Kerbals.

Green Skull I just wanted to say that you are doing an excellent job with these new suits. I'm currently addicted to your Koviet Union Pack (I made some small personal changes to better suit my tastes). I do have one question for you though and i'm sorry if this has already been asked, what program do you use to make these suits? I use MS Paint for the small edits I do my self and they can be quite tedious so I assume you use photoshop or gimp.

I started to use GIMP because its free and now I am used to it I won't change. MS paint is ok for very basic cut and paste but GIMP is a lot more powerful with better tools. My advice is get GIMP because it's free and spend an hour or two watching tutorials on youtube. Given some practice time and familiarity you will be surprised what you can achieve!

I started to use GIMP because its free and now I am used to it I won't change. MS paint is ok for very basic cut and paste but GIMP is a lot more powerful with better tools. My advice is get GIMP because it's free and spend an hour or two watching tutorials on youtube. Given some practice time and familiarity you will be surprised what you can achieve!

Have you tried Paint.net before? I use it the whole time. I'll give Gimp a try though. Also, can I edit these textures easily? I want to make my own sort of suit. A One-Way Space Industries suit.

*edit* Could you make a template? I'm not saying you have to. It would be cool to have a alternate download for a template so people can create their own space-suits. it's only a suggestion.

Edited by One-Way Films
question

My super sekret mid term plan may well be out of the bag now because I plan to release an outline pack for people to create their own suits, helmets and jetpacks. People could then submit entries for a bi-weekly competition with a winner chosen by the community. The winner will receive a limited gold competition suit with silver and bronze for 2nd and 3rd plus the winner will be included in a pack download. I decided this a long time ago but haven't got around to implementing it yet...

There is a typo. Instead of "ÚþòõтÑÂúøø" should be written "áþòõтÑÂúøù" :). Need to be corrected.

I use gimp from time to time as well how ever it's normally just to do more advanced forms of cut and paste etc. Things that MS Paint can't do.

My super sekret mid term plan may well be out of the bag now because I plan to release an outline pack for people to create their own suits, helmets and jetpacks. People could then submit entries for a bi-weekly competition with a winner chosen by the community. The winner will receive a limited gold competition suit with silver and bronze for 2nd and 3rd plus the winner will be included in a pack download. I decided this a long time ago but haven't got around to implementing it yet...

I think this is a great idea, i'd love to get involved with this. It could really expand the number of suits we have to choose from. Up to now i've been using your suits as a templet for anything I attempt to make (it all looks like crap compared to what you make but it's a start.)

To be honest I taught myself - mainly through experimentation. Change colours by going to the colour tab and adjust hue, then contrast and brightness is easiest way. Once you get in there and start fiddling it's fairly easy to get what you want. You will change all the colours in the image so work on a copy and for detail like the aeroquip hose fittings simply copy and paste onto your new colour suit. Airbrush around edges and you're there.

Green Skull has now 'officially' teamed up with Kraken Space Industries LLC! KSI [Kraken Space Industries LLC.] will be providing custom skyboxes of real and not-so real galaxies, along with special requests. Green Skull will be releasing the first skybox soon: The Andromeda Galaxy!!

There is a typo. Instead of "ÚþòõтÑÂúøø" should be written "áþòõтÑÂúøù" :). Need to be corrected.

No typo. That is a pun by CERVERUS

- - - Updated - - -

Green Skull has now 'officially' teamed up with Kraken Space Industries LLC! KSI [Kraken Space Industries LLC.] will be providing custom skyboxes of real and not-so real galaxies, along with special requests. Green Skull will be releasing the first skybox soon: The Andromeda Galaxy!!

The stars twinkle!

These suits are just beautiful and for a guy with a laptop that has a graphics card so bad that is deemed implausible by science, the no extra lag is a early/late Christmas present. p.s Jeb thanks you for his new suit to go with that moustache.