[0.23.5] Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits - v0.38 - 14th April 14

Green Skull

This is a brilliant looking mod but whenever I try different suits I continually get the Greenskull Inc. and also I cannot seem to get the gold reflective visor.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

This is a brilliant looking mod but whenever I try different suits I continually get the Greenskull Inc. and also I cannot seem to get the gold reflective visor.

Are you using texture replacer? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-0-23-x-TextureReplacer-1-3-3-(2-4-2014)

Edit: Also, make sure the gold visor is in .png otherwise it won't work.

Edited by Dr. Kriger

There is a fairly hefty set of instructions in the READ ME file, but simply copy all files from the desired folder in Alternate Textures and paste into the default folder in texture replacer. Let me know how you get on.

I had a funny idea - What do you think about a "Robo Kerman" - A cool robot assistant for the kerbals - the head would be the helmet with a untransparent visor with a cool texture of a robots face on it?

Edited by KnutG

Release v0.38 Update to TextureReplacer v1.4.1 Includes new file structure, reduced size downloads but still with same textures. Fixed flag issue. Added IVA suits to FASA and KSO packs. Now if you are flying a FASA Gemini pod, the awesome Apollo LEM or the excellent KSO in those packs your kerbals should all be wearing the correct IVA suits. When you exit your character will be wearing the default suit for them. In the case of KSO as standard it's KSP suits but this is easily changed. As a bonus all packs now come with the G.S.I. black / green suits.

Release links on front page.

Full instructions can be found by reading the enclosed README file or available to download seperately HERE.

Edited by Green Skull

Did you add my skybox in Green Skull?

Not yet. They are going to be part of a beautification pack that's going to run alongside my suits and RSS conversion :D Total World Domination!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that would be cool!

The paranoid android is one of my hero's! Also LOL @ Porkahontass :P

I really love to see screenshots posted in this thread of your missions using my suits!

Well, here ya go. This entire mission had no purpose other than to play dress-up with the Kerbals. I've got all your packs 0.37 and some of the new 0.38s and was mixing and matching parts to get the look I wanted. Here are the results:

mcP4XD6.jpg

Nedfreed seems to really like his new threads. This ensemble has the GSI Black suit combined with the SteamPunk helmet and jetpack, plus heads from the Koviet pack. The apparent iridium visor is an illusion. That's actually my Purple Haze mind control---er, I mean MOTIVATIONAL----gas inside the helmet. Either that or he just puked :). But either way, he's having a good time.

BAGJZqx.jpg

The side view. The back view is of course mostly the brass color, which provides both high visibility in the dark of space when flying on EVA and only seeing the back of the Kerbal, plus high contrast with white rockets in the near background.

Indoors, they wear the blue IVA suit from the KSP pack.

Anyway, thanks for the textures!

BTW, do you mind if I try making a few using yours as a starting point? I've done a lot of textures for flight simulators over the years so I think I might be able to pull this off.

If you download the MEGA pack it has all the current textures in one pack. You are free to modify just p.m. me if you plan on releasing so I can fill you in on the licence required.

Alrighty then. I'll see what I can come up with.

Hey Green Skull, have you considered doing a Z-1 inspired suit?

http://danielmarin.naukas.com/files/2012/12/nasaz1prototype640x400.jpg

I have cookies. Lots of cookies.

Looks a bit like Buzz Lightyear lol. That one is more possible than some.

What about a suit based on the Navy Mk.5 diving suit?

Don't know this one got any pics?

ok - now i have tryed to make a Robo Kerman - he looks really sad ;)

http://i.imgur.com/allXvCL.jpg

LOL looking good!

MARVIN KERBAL!!!!

Now that's starting to get interesting.... :D

KSP needs Marvin :D

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf series of books are my absolute all time favourites. If you haven't read them you absolutely must - They are mandatory Sci-Fi reading! Whilst both made great British TV series and an OK American film it's not as good as reading it. I'll try to do Marvin justice soon!