Science Spreadsheet and Persistence Scrubber

Sorcie

I am almost done with a spreadsheet that allows pasting of persistence file science section, which it then processes, tallies, displays, graphs, etc science completed for each body, remaining science, and lists possible experiements left and their science.

I need a couple more persistence files to paste in and make sure I haven't missed any situations. Any volunteers? Or someone could just paste in the science section of their file as well, though that might be ugly.

Thanks!

Heres the science section from my current persist file. Be aware I'm running KSP Interstelar which adds some new science experiments. Also sorry for not being able to post the entire file but its 5megs and pastebin wont take that much unless I get a paid account. Should be mostly kerbin stuff a good chunk of minmus stuff and some mun flyby stuff.

http://pastebin.com/1dZ3Jmv6

Lol oops wrong save on that first one still your free to use it, heres the science from the current one.

http://pastebin.com/QQf2stiB

Edited by merendel

Does anyone know where I can find more in depth coverage of the science gained when recovering a craft? The Science page in the KSP Wiki does have some insight but I need more. It seems a bit nebulous. I have searched and found nothing yet. I don't care about the distance traveled stuff, just the surfaces, orbits, sub-orbitals.

Does anyone know where I can find more in depth coverage of the science gained when recovering a craft? The Science page in the KSP Wiki does have some insight but I need more. It seems a bit nebulous. I have searched and found nothing yet. I don't care about the distance traveled stuff, just the surfaces, orbits, sub-orbitals.

ModuleTripLogger stores that information. I think every part with a control-from-here point has a trip logger. According to a post by Harv in some thread that I don't remember, the game takes whichever trip logger has the highest score and uses that one when giving science points after recovering a craft (but I think all trip loggers are maintained separately, so you can undock parts of a craft and end up with different recovery values). How much value each situation has on each planet I don't know. You can probably find out with a plugin using the CelestialBodyScienceParams class.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.