I am in an escape trajectory out of KSP...

Lately, I haven't been playing KSP. I don't know if it's the lack of motivation due to the fact that there's nothing to do out there, or if I'm intimidated by the complexity of how some missions can be, but I can't seem to be in the mood to play KSP.

I fear I am losing my addiction, but I don't want to. What can I do to reattach myself to KSP?

Have you landed on every moon and planet in the system? Make achievements for yourself and enjoy the challenges you create for yourself! I did a career mode where I didn't use any asparagus staging -- that was *REALLY* hard.

Wow, seven replies alterady? You people are fast.

Wait for the update.

There's a new update comming out soon? Nobody told me... huh.

A new Vanilla Gas Giant might help *wink wink* :D

Well, it could, but I'm using the Urania system mod, so it might not be that intriguing to me.

Purposefully strand kerbals all over the place.

Chances are some part of you will want to leave them there, but hopefully enough of you will want to bring them back

I'm not that evil. I'd never leave a Kerbal behind. :P

Start a new career mode. At first, it seems boring but then, you get all addicted because science :P

Or try out a new mod. Make the game harder. Get RSS.

Career isn't that much interesting to me because it's a pain to get the things you need for interstellar travel - SAS modules, batteries, solar panels and landing legs to name a few. Until then it's just boring orbital manuevers that are each time harder and harder to win due to the science decay.

Have you landed on every moon and planet in the system? Make achievements for yourself and enjoy the challenges you create for yourself! I did a career mode where I didn't use any asparagus staging -- that was *REALLY* hard.

Haven't landed in all of them yet. Currently only reached Mun, Minmus, Eve, Duna, Ike, Jool and Laythe. But, as someone said, if you get to another planet, you've done everything you can do in the game, and that kinda discourages me from setting up a base on Laythe, for example.

I've been where you're standing right now before -- multiple times, in fact, with KSP as well as with other games I enjoy. It might not be what you want to hear, but the sad truth is, our interests wax and wane in intensity like with anything else.

One thing that's helped me in the past: Instead of trying to fight it, acknowledge that you're starting to "burn out" on the game and spend some time taking a break from it. Play some of your other games, go out and see movies, use the time to catch up on some other hobby you've been meaning to catch up on, etc. If you truly still enjoy KSP, you'll most certainly come back to it again, and with a renewed sense of vigor and purpose. If you have to force yourself to continue, you're not really having fun, after all.

Career is definitely set to get richer in future updates, with the plan for money and reputation along with science.

I suppose if you can land and return rockets on Eve, Tylo, and Gilly, and a plane on Laythe, you probably can go pretty much anywhere you like anyhow you like.

Course, I've yet to land on the Mun.

Don't know if you use mods at all, but the Infernal Robotics mod is straightforward - not too complicated, and it adds a lot to the game.

One challenge I'm going to tackle one day with IR: Try to make a functioning helicopter with IR parts. It should be possible. Install a rotor in the middle with four wings sticking out to the sides (the blades of the helicopter), and some pivots on the wings you can change their angle of attack. Put rocket motors on the tips to spin the rotor.

Actually this concept is used in some helo designs in real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_jet

Edited by RocketBlam

I suggest going and playing another game for a while. Or go to that mysterious place of the elders which they deemed outside.

Then someday in the near future, come back to it. It's quite a nice refresher. I'm in the middle of one of these "breaks" right now, been playing Minecraft and Hexxit recently.

Xacktar, I love that gif.

1) Wait for the new update.

2) NASA asteroids!

3) Interstellar mod (it rocks!!!)

4) Pick a challenge.

5) Try a Tylo/Eve landing.

If you want to try another game, Rust and Project Zomboid are both pretty cool...although some of the hackers in Rust are a bit annoying.

Wow, seven replies alterady? You people are fast.

There's a new update comming out soon? Nobody told me... huh.

Career isn't that much interesting to me because it's a pain to get the things you need for interstellar travel - SAS modules, batteries, solar panels and landing legs to name a few. Until then it's just boring orbital manuevers that are each time harder and harder to win due to the science decay.

0.24. Ya know, contracts and asteroid pack?

Also,

SAS: Who needs SAS? Most of the time the pod is enough to steer. All the way to the Mun and back.

Batteries and solar panels: You can recharge them with your engine, it isn't that hard, since only reaction wheels use energy, just be effiecnt.

Landing legs: Landing legs? Back when I joined there weren't any landing legs! There was fins though, so use em!

As said by a few: Embrace it! Find something else to spend your time on. Go find every nook and cranny in Skyrim. Play through XCOM. Start a YouTube channel. Make a webcomic. Do SOMETHING, as long as it isn't forcing yourself to "Enjoy" the game. Sometimes it's great to get a bit rusty - then you have the joy of re-learning things.

I've been where you're standing right now before -- multiple times, in fact, with KSP as well as with other games I enjoy. It might not be what you want to hear, but the sad truth is, our interests wax and wane in intensity like with anything else.

One thing that's helped me in the past: Instead of trying to fight it, acknowledge that you're starting to "burn out" on the game and spend some time taking a break from it. Play some of your other games, go out and see movies, use the time to catch up on some other hobby you've been meaning to catch up on, etc. If you truly still enjoy KSP, you'll most certainly come back to it again, and with a renewed sense of vigor and purpose. If you have to force yourself to continue, you're not really having fun, after all.

I know, I've seen someone say the same thing as well.

It's actually the second time I burn out in KSP.

Don't know if you use mods at all, but the Infernal Robotics mod is straightforward - not too complicated, and it adds a lot to the game.

One challenge I'm going to tackle one day with IR: Try to make a functioning helicopter with IR parts. It should be possible. Install a rotor in the middle with four wings sticking out to the sides (the blades of the helicopter), and some pivots on the wings you can change their angle of attack. Put rocket motors on the tips to spin the rotor.

Actually this concept is used in some helo designs in real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_jet

Sounds interesting, but my computer alterady struggles with my ammount of mods in KSP, so I don't think adding more would end well.

0.24. Ya know, contracts and asteroid pack?

Also,

SAS: Who needs SAS? Most of the time the pod is enough to steer. All the way to the Mun and back.

Batteries and solar panels: You can recharge them with your engine, it isn't that hard, since only reaction wheels use energy, just be effiecnt.

Landing legs: Landing legs? Back when I joined there weren't any landing legs! There was fins though, so use em!

Sometimes, SAS is actually really needed. My rockets couldn't even make the gravity turn due to the lack of a SAS module.

Solar panels usually aren't the problem; the issue is the lack of batteries. When I go into the dark side of a planet, bam. Out of eletricity.

I suppose I could use cubic struts as makeshift landing legs. They're astoundingly tough, too.

Have you tried missions that requires precise landings? For example: Have you visited the anomalies on the Kerbol system? Zeroing a landing on any of the anomalies is really challenging.

Been playing for a year now, no mods installed, still not burnt out. I´m easily amused, I suposse.

I fear I am losing my addiction, but I don't want to. What can I do to reattach myself to KSP?

What gets me is sometimes just mental fatigue from putting a lot of thought into complex missions. Eventually KSP starts seeming like work and I need a vacation. Occasionally I just quit playing for a few days or a week. More often, though, I do something in KSP that's totally thoughtless. Just gratuitous destruction. Like the other day I spent a while building multi-stage, Sepratron-powered dragsters with all but the last stage rigged to explode upon dropping. Lotsa larfs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.