Kerbal Kommunity Meetup at GDC - Wednesday March 19

Rowsdower

Would you have interest in a GDC meetup?  

1. 1. Would you have interest in a GDC meetup?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's a GDC?

You may have heard about it on Squadcast and here are the details! Due to the positive response, it's full steam ahead with a Kerbal Kommunity meetup.

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and/or are in town for the Game Developers Conference, listen up. This one's for you!

Join C7Studios and myself for a fun, low key meetup with fellow members of the KSP community, this Wednesday, March 19 at 4pm. We will be meeting in Yerba Buena Gardens' Esplanade, located right next to the Metreon. be sure to follow @KerbalSpaceP on Twitter, so that you'll be able to find the exact spot we'll be meeting. Note that C7 and I only confirming ourselves right now, since the rest of the Squad GDC contingent may be busy at that time.

You don't need a GDC pass to come hang if and you don't happen to be in the area, don't go buying plane tickets :) It's a casual meetup. It's not a big party, just a chance to say hello face to face and get to know one another. If enough people show, we may move this onto local pub or restaurant for a while before we have to depart for the Game Developers Choice Awards at 6pm.

We look forward to meeting you in San Francisco next week!

Edited by Rowsdower
Updated Info

Rowsdower, I think that considering the global interest in the game, that maybe on a weekend, set-up a livestream on the forums where every person can ask say 1 thing every once in a while, as streamlined as possible.. maybe un-ban them from talking if they have good points (to prevent spammers) so that much more of the Kommunity can participate. Maybe show off test footage of 0.24 etc.

Otherwise you only get the San Francisco population, narrowed down to those who play KSP and further narrowed by those who can actually attend.

:)

edit : shouldn't you sticky this to prevent it from going down in the list (already down 2-3 places)

Edited by Nemrav

Hey, Nemrav.

Those are great points and actually some things that I would have liked to have accomplished with the KerbalKon hour Max and I did. Due to the technical issues we faced, we had to wing it a bit. These ideas seem to be more suited towards a Squadcast-type situation anyway, but I would like to revisit the idea of a more 1 on 1 live video chat environment at some point.

As for the GDC idea, as I said, I'm just gauging interest. It's not a big deal, no great event you'd have to travel out for. It's definitely more of a local thing. A few of us will be in town at once so why not? However, this could also be applied to any other events in which we may happen to appear in the future, so it would be good to note.

oh, well if its "we just happen to be there" then its a superb idea :D.

I wish i'd known about the Kerbalkon stream, however when you can't land on the mun and find the idea of travelling to minmus mind boggling then, well you know your a noob and chances are you haven't heard about the grand event or even the forums :(.

As always GL.

Hmm... I have been thinking about moving out there to find a job, it's just on the other side of the country... *Ferram eyes bank account and tries to figure out if he can afford to take a trip to SF and the Bay Area*

No tickets necessary :) I'm thinking of maybe meeting somewhere in public around the Moscone center. Again, I see it as a completely casual thing. Nothing to rush for if anyone here is actually interested. It's a bit of a last minute idea.

let's count how many posts until somebody suggests that you guys film the meet-up and stream it for all to lay their eyes on :P

This should be a great pressure cooking post :sticktongue: especially since a few people will now think that this would be a great idea

Edited by Nemrav

No tickets necessary :) I'm thinking of maybe meeting somewhere in public around the Moscone center. Again, I see it as a completely casual thing. Nothing to rush for if anyone here is actually interested. It's a bit of a last minute idea.

Looks like I should be able to BART my way down there. Count me interested. :)

any kind of meetups, formal or informal, are great to do at GDC. Even if only a handful of people show up. I would skip a session to be there (can watch it later anyways :P). If it's out in public and the day is nice might as well be the Yerba Buena Gardens at Moscone.

Oh and you guys should also visit Seattle! :) Go there for a gaming conference at the Science Center maybe? :) I've got quite a group from here and near here that'd love it if you for some odd reason end up here!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.