[KSP1.8] DMagic Module Science Animate V0.22 (11/2/19)

DMagic

I have a problem in 1.1.2., if that is still of interest.

Using 'probes plus' mod parts of that mod using DM Animation (v0.14) work in a clean vanilla install but not in my modded game. Are any incompatibilities with other mods known?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Version 0.17 is out; get it on GitHub.

It is updated for KSP 1.3, and experiment resets now work based on the ScienceResetSkill (which all scientists have by default) instead of the Kerbal trait type.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Knezz said:

Hi, when i download it, in read me file it says that version is 0.13... I crashes my game... Help?

The readme file looks like it's not been updated recently but the latest download DLL does have an internal version of 0.18.

You crash is probably unrelated to this mod but without log files there's no way we could tell.

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

The readme file looks like it's not been updated recently but the latest download DLL does have an internal version of 0.18.

You crash is probably unrelated to this mod but without log files there's no way we could tell.

Edited by Knezz
I was wrong

Version 0.19 is out on GitHub.

It adds two new features.

One is to block EVA scientist experiment reset, set the field "allowEVACleanUp" to false to prevent reset, it is true by default. Lab resets are not affected.

The other is to allow for physical mesh transforms to represent samples, which will disappear when data is collected or transmitted. See here for an example part, which can be found in the latest version of Bluedog Design Bureau (this version is the same as what is included in that mod).

To activate this you need to set "useSampleTransforms" to true and set "sampleTransformName" to the name of the transform that represents the sample, if there is only one sample allowed, or to the prefix if multiple samples are allowed. If you have a part that can collect three samples at the same time then you would need to name the transforms sampleTransform.000, sampleTransform.001, and sampleTransform.002 and set the sampleTransformName = sampleTransform.

The reference config file on GitHub and the readme have also been updated to reflect the current version.

Edited by DMagic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎14‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 10:50 PM, DMagic said:

As far as I can tell this should work fine in KSP 1.4.x.

Let me know if anyone finds otherwise.

I do have a problem with it... the camera included in bluedogs mod throws this

[EXC 00:04:23.067] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.canConduct ()
 DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.gatherScienceData (Boolean silent)
 DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.DeployExperiment ()
 BaseEvent.Invoke ()
 UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
 UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
 UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
 UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
 UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
 UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
 UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
 UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

... but I've also installed Kerbalism... no idea if that makes a difference. Tell me if you need more info or if I should look into it.

Edited by Rudolf Meier

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Quick question, is the transmission % listed in the part info on DMagic experiments an extension of the stock experiment module, or a custom part of the DMagic module? I’m wondering because I found this option for the stock module: 

showScienceValueRatio = false
  Should the science value ratio be displayed in the part extended information in the VAB/SPH? 

But not an option to display the transmission % in the VAB, like DMagic module parts do, and I’d love to be able to patch stock module experiments to see each ones transmission. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.