confused about losing a part due to excessive Gs

at T+48s I lose a solar panel due to excessive G-forces. I didn't even really realize it it was so quick. But when I checked a bit later (shown in the video) I saw the status message. Thing is, by that time my G-force had become even greater, yet I didn't lose any more solar panels (except for the fact that I was ascending too flat and slamming through the atmosphere fast enough for DREC to overheat and eventually explode them all. Oops I should have left the fairing on longer...).

So I'm guessing it wasn't acceleration that damaged the panels but the fact that I was maneuvering in my gravity turn at the time? Or what? I've already launched this same satellite (communication satellite) using the same launch vehicle, and I didn't lose any solar panels due to G-force although I mostly went straight up to stay over the KSC for maximum comm contact length. For the second satellite I was able to use the first to bounce signal and fly over the horizon on a flatter trajectory - too flat it would seem :P Edited by Gaiiden

Mod questions should go into the appropriate subforum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/13-Add-on-Requests-and-Support ...or in the respective mods' own thread.

But yes, Deadly Reentry doesn't only add vehicle damage from heat but also from g-forces. I'm as confused as you why that panel broke off at only 2G vessel acceleration, but maybe it had some other sort of force acting on it. Or AIES parts just are that fragile? I wouldn't know, I have not used them yet. My recommendation is asking in the Deadly Reentry thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.