Post your planes of any type here! [.23]

As always, folks, if you have a problem with something that's been posted, just hit the report button and let the moderators deal with it. Getting into arguments is unpleasant for you, and clutters up the forum for others. (And for the confused, I'm responding to posts which were removed.)

I've had a busy and productive day today... the joys of being signed off work sick!

Anyways, I was impressed that I got an SSTO off the ground with one of the orange tanks included... now managed it with 4, using Mainsail engines!

1024x640.resizedimage

Now to refine it a bit, and send it up to my space station :D

Hi guys,

nice thread, with some awesome and (in part) kerbalacious looking models. To keep the flow up, I'd also like to show you some of my constructions. This post might be a bit long, but for me KSP should be named KPP as I spent more than a hundred hours playing this game before I attempted to reach LKO. So here they come, I hope you enjoy it.

The first model, the Kerbaviatorius, is an hommage to the famous Kright Flyer, envisaged by Kilbur and Korville Kright and the first plane which flew using its own motor propulsion. Notice, that the anonymous designer had to resort to rocket engines, transforming it for about ten seconds into a derailed rollercoaster cart (perhaps a close resemblance of the original model), but at least it spared the catapult.

ire4f7v.jpg

Potentially inspired by the outrageous performance of early flight pioneers like the Kright brothers, a secret construction unit named 'punk works' came up with a design dominating aviation and breaking all records, the marvelous Chophead KR-71 Crackbird. Besides its outrageous acceleration abilities it also features a built-in altitude limiter at 20 km, pitching the nose gently towards Kerbin to prevent good old Jebediah from getting a katatonic space adaptation syndrome.

ehpqpjy.jpg

While the general public considered the Crackbird a revolutionary design, it was soon surpassed. One day a draftsman employed at North Kmurica had lunch, when suddenly an enlightening vision came to his mind while gnawing on an exhaust pipe. Blessed with the essence of pure craftsmanship he modified some fuel tanks by attaching the pipe at one end and created thereby the North Kmurica K-15151115111!!!1 (original typo by the aeronautical authority). Yet this untamed sparrow is adapted to a narrow range of atmospherical conditions and therefore requires in low altitudes a sophisticated combination of lifting surfaces, fuel tanks and engines, all attached underneath it.

v51NLL3.jpg

HjbdjI7.jpg

Official authorities have not confirmed, that the next models exist, but sightings of strange lights hovering up and down for hours above a lonely silo somewhere (as reported by J. Kerman), as well as a series of sparkling flashes followed by anomalous thunder during a test flight for "atmospheric research purposes only, really (B. Kerman)" indicate that a new generation of versatile jet planes is about to enter the stage, purpotedly called "Kestrel" and "Eyeblink".

jRQFKYi.jpg

EMhUQFE.jpg

The following purely hypthetical concepts however are indeed ridiculously unrealistic and it is no surprise that they are about to be included in the next edition of 'Constructional Defects: A professional mess-up.' by Fiksit, Bob. Surely, I only have to remind a few gullible and naive minds among the readers, that flight without lifting surfaces and atmospheric friction is simply impossible. The noble art of aviation has reached its climax. The Mun is well beyond reach for our courageous pilots. So seriously, who needs a 'plane' and even has the nerve to call it 'Progress', which supposedly carries twenty tons of payload into 'LKO'. Ah, the garbage disposal, I figure.

SF3HEEt.jpg

Or these clearly faked pictures of the crew shuttle 'Spheric Harmony' 'ascending' and 'descending' from an 'LKO' which is claimed to be higher than the unsurpassable altitude record by Jebediah Kerman with his K-15151115111!!!1 (original typo by the aeronautical authority). Of course those witnesses were unable to present any evidence of this craft in orbit.

PLvBM8d.jpg

6Suv1Rz.jpg

Still it is safe to assume, that those voices will not cease and pictures such as the last freighter named 'Evensong' will continue to amuse the professional connoisseur of manned flight. Of course the only evensong which ascended on this occasion into orbit was the one of James, when he entered his designed accident.

N9GA4T2.jpg

Edited by Vycma

OT: Does this post violate the "roleplaying" rule? A previous version somehow disappeared, so if I put someone in danger to fatally laugh his/her ass off, let me know, or I'll keep on submitting :P.
Nope, it's there, so the post is on the end of page 3 and has started page 4! (Might need to nod at a mod...)

Another busy and productive day for me, I finally got one of my Planes to dock with my KSS! :cool:

Will post the saga another day though, sure there are lots of people with really cool planes! :)

So far the pride and joy of my military jet series: the A-5 Dagger! Featuring working R-14 Mischief rockets.

A-5%20Dagger.png

I've been taking a break on doing actual space stuff to enjoy these fun things on Kerbin. I'll post more as time permits.

Check out my thread for this craft and its performance video. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72042-Stock-Craft-A-5-Dagger-Interceptor-Performance-Weapons-and-Features-Demonstration?p=1013236#post1013236

My favorite plane would have to be my "Kestrel" plane:

Kestrel

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is easily the most maneuverable of all planes I've built. Have fun flying this thing around the VAB or launching missiles into the tower!

Kestrel

Kestrel - with external fuel tank

Kestrel Fighter

^ snip-it from my Aerospace page :). This thing is INSANE. It is by far the most maneuverable plane I've built and probably have seen.

So far the pride and joy of my military jet series: the A-5 Dagger! Featuring working R-14 Mischief rockets.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9743897/KSP/A-5%20Dagger.png

I've been taking a break on doing actual space stuff to enjoy these fun things on Kerbin. I'll post more as time permits.

Check out my thread for this craft and its performance video. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72042-Stock-Craft-A-5-Dagger-Interceptor-Performance-Weapons-and-Features-Demonstration?p=1013236#post1013236

Looks tuff! I like this one!

The better models from my collection:

While those are awesome planes but this thread is dedicated to stock aircraft.

I hate being "that guy" but I had to beat someone else to it because they would report your post and cry to a moderator about it from now till the Mars One mission launch date.

A few of my personal Favorites. I once made a similar thread but it unfortunately died so I'll repost them here.

Spaceplane Class

SR-81 Bluebird

screenshot257.png

Hypersonic Class

Kesna 5

screenshot233.png

X-7R (Nose Detaches as a rover/refueler)

screenshot187.png

Standard Class

Kesna 4 (Search and Rescue) Capable of precision parachute landings, roving, and short takeoffs.

screenshot227.png

Kesna 2

screenshot224.png

Made this thing in carear mode, on my FAR "Spacepane hanger only" file. I needed to flyby the mun to get enough sience for turbojets. Which meant getting to the mun without turbojets (or landing gear)

aIrRNno.png

GKRGq5p.png

The amusing thing is, the craft is turning into one of my most reliable kerbin sysem exploreres, with a few minor changes. Slingshot the Mun for Solar science, or out to minmus orbit to get a landing

Here's my Talon SSTO. I think we can all agree that MechJeb is close enough to stock to count.

EDIT: Bah, don't worry about the KAS plugs as well. They also don't mean much to the craft other than for refueling without docking at a runway.

7DoR8

It's capable of making it to LKO, refueling, then making its way to Duna. Unfortunately, landing on Duna is a problem for spaceplanes, because I haven't found a good, flat plot of land to slow to a stop.

7Dn22

Here's a version before I added emergency parachutes, just before landing. I was able to touch down with a fairly decent speed, nice and soft, but due to the rough terrain, my wings got clipped, and I crashed.

Edited by Cranium

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.