Instant Orbits-- just hit spacebar

foamyesque

See for yourself.

Caution: Ship connections will look very odd if you do this.

Contains:

Instant Kerbin synchronous orbit

Instant munar free return trajectory

Instant Kerbin escape trajectory

Instant Kerbin re-entry trajectory

Parts are under the Decals menu, to avoid confusion with more conventional pieces, and look like lander legs.

How to use:

Build your rocket as per normal.

Go to the decals tab. There, you will see a selection of landing legs. Each one is labelled with a different orbit/trajectory that they will put you in. Choose one, set symmetry to whatever value you like or need, and drag and place like you would any other surface-attacheable item. You\'ll notice that once you hover over a surface-attacheable part, the leg will disappear, but your target placement point will remain highlighted. This is fine; go ahead and click it to place the part.

Then hit launch. Once the screen loads, hit space to decouple from the parts (they may immediately explode, but hit space anyway). Since your initial CoG is somewhere in the celestial void owing to how the hack works, toggle your map on and off after you\'ve jettisoned the parts in order to reset the camera to your actual ship.

Said ship may be perfectly intact, weirdly seperated, or in pieces. I take no responsibility for its state. However, it will be on your chosen trajectory. Have fun!

Credit to JellyCubes for inspiration and dodrian for the FRT number.

Well... This made getting my latest project into orbit a breeze... I\'ll pretend the star cruiser is on a simulation... :D

I\'m slightly surprised this wasn\'t done before... Though I suppose it is kinda cheating... :D

I suppose you couldn\'t do a couple of shorter ones? For deploying satellites and such... For testing purposes of course...

This has a good side and a bad side. The good side is if you want to practice 'docking' or get some screenshots or use a craft that you have already 'launched', this is perfect. The bad side is that many noobs will use this as a cheap way to get into orbit and not use rockets and stay noobs forever. Great part. ;D

Guest Flixxbeatz

Just used the part. Congratulations, you\'ve pioneered the simulation of building and launching a spacecraft in and from orbit.

Well... This made getting my latest project into orbit a breeze... I\'ll pretend the star cruiser is on a simulation... :D

I\'m slightly surprised this wasn\'t done before... Though I suppose it is kinda cheating... :D

I suppose you couldn\'t do a couple of shorter ones? For deploying satellites and such... For testing purposes of course...

I could. Problem is, at anything other than KSO, it isn\'t an orbit that you\'d wind up in. Lower, and you don\'t have enough angular speed; higher and you have too much.

Ah, it seems as if the quicker you decouple the part from launch, the less the amount of damage is done to your rocket.

ALSO! THIS GIVES US GREAT INSIGHT TO MULTIPLAYER!

I will be making a HUGE pile of junk that I will decouple from orbit, and then release the .craft file (which will have an exploration vehicle to look at the rubble in orbit!)

ADVENTURE!