[Ongoing Dev] [0.23.5] Modular Kolonization System v0.16 (RELEASE) [05-10-2014]

RoverDude

Awesome mod!

How do i send more Colony supplies? I only seem to get some stashed in the Colony Hub. I could add a colony hub on each launch structure, transfer to another module and then drop at launch; but that seems a bit awkward.

I also had some terrible time trying to build the base using the expando tubes. So i resorted to Infernal Robotics, by having small stock docking ports pushed by pistons.

Another thing is that the colony modules dont accept any clipping (unlike stock parts) and so placing things like landing gear and pistons requires quite much detail. Not saying that its a bug, especially if its intended so, just saying...

http://jupiter.planeetta.com/~jaakko/kolony.png

There is a nice inline supply unit that you can stock full of colony supplies (as well as life support).

Also, watch this vid on Expando Tubes :)

I am having a mass issue with this Mod. The mass of the colony hub for example is 176631.9 it should be 3.4 per the file in the Mod. I have updated Mod I have tried my friends Mod that has the correct mass in the game. I have made sure that I have the exact same Mods and Plugins he does and mine still does this with the mass can anyone please help me with this??

hrmpf.. never played with TAC yet but found your mod and now i'm building my base on Mun :)

But KSP hates me... i get the same problem with your mod as with the claws. Frozen ships. Cant move them anymore and on timewarp selfdestruct :(

Is there a nice way to build the base without the tubes? Can KAS pipes do the job completly with transfering ressources?

I am having a mass issue with this Mod. The mass of the colony hub for example is 176631.9 it should be 3.4 per the file in the Mod. I have updated Mod I have tried my friends Mod that has the correct mass in the game. I have made sure that I have the exact same Mods and Plugins he does and mine still does this with the mass can anyone please help me with this??

Clear all of your mods (just copy them over to a different folder from GameData, just leave Squad and NASAmission.

Do a clean install of MKS 0.17 and ALL required mods (Kethane, TAC-LS - NOT 0.9 prerelease.

Start a new save.

See if problem persists.

If so, re-add in your old mods one by one until you find the culprit.

hrmpf.. never played with TAC yet but found your mod and now i'm building my base on Mun :)

But KSP hates me... i get the same problem with your mod as with the claws. Frozen ships. Cant move them anymore and on timewarp selfdestruct :(

Is there a nice way to build the base without the tubes? Can KAS pipes do the job completly with transfering ressources?

Sure, you can use KAS - there's even the FlexOTube which is a much prettier KAS pipe.

Clear all of your mods (just copy them over to a different folder from GameData, just leave Squad and NASAmission.

Do a clean install of MKS 0.17 and ALL required mods (Kethane, TAC-LS - NOT 0.9 prerelease.

Start a new save.

See if problem persists.

If so, re-add in your old mods one by one until you find the culprit.

Could TweakScale be causing the mass problem?

I found the mass problem it was in the life support I changed how much you would be restocked if I ran out and thats what was causing the problem at to why everything weighed so much. Thanks for your help though.

I have a new question about the Pods do you have to have the tubs going to each pod? I can not get the to connect is there a secret to this maddness lol? Oh and whats with the punch cards? Do you have to have the supplies needed say for construction with the pod or just near? Im ready to get all my pods to the mun but want to make sure I have them set up right can anyone give me some pointers?

I'm just getting started but this is great so far, I'm new to TAC so that adds some more to learn! One thing I'd love to see is a module sized like the workshop that adds a robot kerbal. The robokerbal would not need life support and could be sent with the initial shipment of modules to do all the necessary EVA setup before the kerbals show up. The robokerbal would use electricity for EVA, and could possibly be limited to the proximity of its control hub.

I don't know how feasible that is from a modding standpoint but I think it would be great, robot deploys with pioneer mission and you have a fully functioning base before you even launch the crew/inhabitants!

I had an idea: what if these bases made a resource (very, very slowly) over time, that when you amassed a suficient amount of you could build a permanent base on a planet, like what Kerbin-Side does but requiring some hard work towards making your base self-sustainable for long enough to get the resource, etc?

I have a new question about the Pods do you have to have the tubs going to each pod? I can not get the to connect is there a secret to this maddness lol? Oh and whats with the punch cards? Do you have to have the supplies needed say for construction with the pod or just near? Im ready to get all my pods to the mun but want to make sure I have them set up right can anyone give me some pointers?

What do you mean that you can't connect them to each other. Can you give some more info.

RE PunchCards: When you activate the Command from the C3, it produces PunchCards (what you need for almost every module) if it has enough electricity.

I'm just getting started but this is great so far, I'm new to TAC so that adds some more to learn! One thing I'd love to see is a module sized like the workshop that adds a robot kerbal. The robokerbal would not need life support and could be sent with the initial shipment of modules to do all the necessary EVA setup before the kerbals show up. The robokerbal would use electricity for EVA, and could possibly be limited to the proximity of its control hub.

I don't know how feasible that is from a modding standpoint but I think it would be great, robot deploys with pioneer mission and you have a fully functioning base before you even launch the crew/inhabitants!

It isn't feasible right now, but maybe in the future.

I had an idea: what if these bases made a resource (very, very slowly) over time, that when you amassed a suficient amount of you could build a permanent base on a planet, like what Kerbin-Side does but requiring some hard work towards making your base self-sustainable for long enough to get the resource, etc?

A good idea

Pretty safe to say that this is something I would have no intention of doing, both from a game fiction standpoint, and also because it would be a TAC modification not an MKS mod. Probably the closest I am considering is some kind of cryogenic pod that consumes resources at a drastically reduced rate, and requires some EVA operation, but that's more for when I take MKS down the Ark-Ship route (on the longer term roadmap).

I've really considered this, I just need to see if there's a way to do this procedurally. Also on the really really long term roadmap.

Pretty safe to say that this is something I would have no intention of doing, both from a game fiction standpoint, and also because it would be a TAC modification not an MKS mod. Probably the closest I am considering is some kind of cryogenic pod that consumes resources at a drastically reduced rate, and requires some EVA operation, but that's more for when I take MKS down the Ark-Ship route (on the longer term roadmap).

I've really considered this, I just need to see if there's a way to do this procedurally. Also on the really really long term roadmap.

A while back there was a mod named KerbTown that let you create static structures. I do not know if it is still being developed or not.

Alternately you could make a special KAS bay and give it the ability attachOnStatic like a pylon. Since the module bases are all KAS containers you should be able to tweak things so that the KAS Bay module to "store" the base module in the bay which is anchored to the ground....

Anyway, just trying to throw some ideas out there.

A while back there was a mod named KerbTown that let you create static structures. I do not know if it is still being developed or not.

Alternately you could make a special KAS bay and give it the ability attachOnStatic like a pylon. Since the module bases are all KAS containers you should be able to tweak things so that the KAS Bay module to "store" the base module in the bay which is anchored to the ground....

Anyway, just trying to throw some ideas out there.

True, I'm doing a lot of KAS-like experiments right now (part of that includes some space station construction as well), will see how it pans out.

I seem to have a problem with inflatable habitats. They do not increase my crew capacity in the VAB. Is this normal? How am I supposed to house Kerbals in those things?

By the way the mod itself looks really really good. Love it!

The inflatables themselves do not have crew cap, the MKS modules do (since right now, the inflatables have no way of getting in or out). Trust me, the last place you will have Kerbals is in the hab domes ;)

I found out what I was doing wrong I thought that the tubes would have connectors on them like the expandable ones do thats where I was messing up sorry for the confusion. I still need to know if the supplies have to be connected to the pod that uses them or can the just be attached by a tube to the base itself?

I found out what I was doing wrong I thought that the tubes would have connectors on them like the expandable ones do thats where I was messing up sorry for the confusion. I still need to know if the supplies have to be connected to the pod that uses them or can the just be attached by a tube to the base itself?

Which supplies? Machinery needs to be in the module. Parts/Kits are just like anything else that flows so they can be anywhere in the ship.

RoverDude, any ETA on .24 compatability? I refuse to update until this does; this is an incredible and essential mod.

Works. Just a minor decal issue, scary warning text for tweakscale, and you need the new firespitter. Running with my defualt costs for now, those are subject to change down the road.

RoverDude - as long as I have everything attached by a tube or coupler I should be good right? Also is it normal for the game to slow way down the more pods you link together? I have 9 linked together right now and its so slow I dont want to add anymore takes forever to move around. Will .17 version of MKS work with the new .24 version of KSP?