was thinking about doing a youtube series but want some second opinions

noobsrtoast

hey guys I posted my very first ksp (and very first youtube) video on my friends channel a while back here:

me and him are making vids for the channel this one in my opinion kinda sucks but it was ok.

what im wondering is do you think I should start a series I have lots of things I can do to get things up and running and the series would be lasting but im not sure about it all because if people hate it then there goes my friends channel and I don't want that to happen but I still wanna make videos for and with him, so if you can please give me some feedback I would really appreciate it

Do it because you want to do it. Its making videos about a game... If your that insecure about internet hate then dont do it. People will love it or hate it, but if you enjoy it then who cares

Edited by KasperVld

Why not make your own channel if that is a concern? You could always feature your friend's often or something.

This right here. :P

And do it for fun! I like people to see what I am doing and I like to entertain, but the most important part is that I enjoy making videos. If you'll enjoy it, then go for it!

I'll reiterate what others have said.

Posting KSP videos is hard, or you'll put up bad videos. Or both. Don't do it because you want people to enjoy them (though that should be your goal once you decide to do it). Do it because you enjoy it.

I've made almost 100 KSP videos, and over 400 videos total. I've never cared one whip how many people watch. If I had, I'd have quit about 400 videos ago :) I don't do it so people will watch it. I do it because I can't seem to stop!

I'm in the same situation as you. I want to make works of art in ksp. Similar to nassault, but not nearly as professional :P. I just dont have the inspiration right now. I want to get back into youtube, but it's a lot of effort.

If you want to take my humble opinion, do it because you want to :) if you can do it, i can do it.

i'll stop being self-centered now :P

This right here. :P

And do it for fun! I like people to see what I am doing and I like to entertain, but the most important part is that I enjoy making videos. If you'll enjoy it, then go for it!

Yes, as others have said, this is a good point. I make mine because I find video editing is a good way to stretch my mental muscles and it sometimes gives people a good laugh. At the end you should always ask yourself 'Am I happy with this even if no one else will see it?' Challenge yourself to do better, speak clearer, hit the marks with greater timing. KSP is all about learning and getting better one small step at a time, and that is a lot of the fun in video production as well. :D

• 7 months later...

ksp is the best place for you to start making videos, because the ksp community is the best, reading the posts here has helped me get my channel underway decently, one thing to keep in mind is that were not call of duty players were mature and we support each other, so go ahead and make that work of art because your on our forums now, and your video will get attention

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.