[1.0.5] Kip Engineering: All Docking Ports updated for 1.0.5! (11th Nov 2015)

CaptainKipard

Looks great!

Are those 'mobility enhancers' functional or decorative?

Damnit I didn't think of that. Well since those are used as tether attachments on the real ISS then let's just say they're decorative. If ropes were a real thing in KSP I may have been persuaded to make them functional.

Damnit I didn't think of that. Well since those are used as tether attachments on the real ISS then let's just say they're decorative. If ropes were a real thing in KSP I may have been persuaded to make them functional.

You mean Kerbals can't grab them? Pity. Still awesome hubs though.

Damnit I didn't think of that. Well since those are used as tether attachments on the real ISS then let's just say they're decorative.

No worries. They look great as they are. Looking forwards to putting them into my builds. Thanks for putting the time and effort into these.

If ropes were a real thing in KSP I may have been persuaded to make them functional.

Haha... Looky looky.

Edited by TMS

Hey, good to see the hubs getting some attention. While I have them installed for some time now, I rarely found an opportunity to actually use them as they are very heavy and didn't really fit in with a lot of other textures.

Regarding the docking ports (which I tend to use a lot), would you be open to include passable variants (without the jr. docking port), perhaps using firespitters MeshSwitcher? It's not terribly important to me, though, as I've still not decided if I want to use CLS with 0.25 at all, I just thought it would be neat to have at least a passable XL port (I never had to dock a probe to those anyway).

By the way, thank you for creating these!

The masses are extrapolated loosely from stock masses, but I'm considering making the hubs a bit more useful for their mass. Right now all I can think of is adding one or two crewcapacity to some of them. Not all of them. If anyone has any suggestions I'll consider them.

There are instructions in the OP for making passable parts, and if you want something that looks passable you can try the one from KW Rocketry.

Interesting point, really.

I think of my hubs as being the core of a station and, as such, it always bugs me that they aren't natively self-sufficient in terms of their ability to store power and manoeuvring resources. I always end up clipping batts and RCS tanks into the stock hubs.

I'll add some batteries to all the parts, but I'm not sure about propellant in everything.

I've posted a question in the JSIPartUtilities thread that might lead to a compromise solution that works for everyone. If anyone knows how to use it let me know.

I'll see if I can add some life support resources as well.

I'll add some batteries to all the parts, but I'm not sure about propellant in everything.

I've posted a question in the JSIPartUtilities thread that might lead to a compromise solution that works for everyone. If anyone knows how to use it let me know.

I'll see if I can add some life support resources as well.

Fair enough. And if you got a decent enough reaction wheel in the station you don't really need RCS to orient the station, either. But battery support would be awesome indeed.

I'd be happy to take a stab at an MM config to add Snacks! Life Support to the hubs once they're released. For anything like TAC or ECLSS, I'll let you take the lead. :)

(Speaking of MM, why not use that to add batteries, and leave the file optional?)

Edited by LitaAlto

TGA files don't work in 0.25 of the game. Cpt. Kipard needs to update the mod with a different texture file. PNG or MBM. MBM is the better one as it supports mipmaps and such.

Was I the only one having this issue? They still haven't been updated in the OP :(

lol, I still haven't gotten to the docking ports yet but I suppose I can recompile them as they are with MBMs to hold you over. I'll do it tomorrow.

No sweat, I was just wondering, I've heard that sometimes this issue is intermittent. At first it only happened once or twice then it was constant. If you have other plans and things to do with the docking ports other than just the texture issue, take your time. I can just convert the textures myself in the meantime :)

OK. If I remember correctly KSP parts ignore texture file extensions so that should work. Let me know please.

I use linux, so I just fired up gimp and changed AllPortsCol and AllPortsNorm_NRM to PNG and it works just fine!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

== Low Profile Structural Hub Set ==

Version 2.0 is out

Important

Before using this version you must return and recover all craft which use the old hubs. This version is not compatible.

If you have a previous installation of the Low Profile Hub Set you need to delete it.

Version 2.0 Features:

- Sizes: 2.5m and 1.25m, and one 3.75m

- Variants: 6-way, X, T, L, I, Three angled sections, and one XL Hexagonal hub

- "Connected Living Space" compatible

- Life support patches included for IFILS, TACLS, and Snacks. (requires Module Manager). Thanks LitaAlto

Download Low Profile Structural Hub Set from Mediafire

v2.0 - 08/12/2014

- Improved models and new models

- Improved hierarchy

- Improved textures

- Added resources

- Added crew capacity to some

- Added life support MM patches for IFILS, TACLS and Snacks.

- Other minor config changes

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Love the new hubs! Are there plans to make the hub works with modular fuel tank

What does this mean?

and a way to switch between a "clean" version without rail like before, and a version with rail like now (or just make them both available)?

This is possible, but I would need to figure out how to use JSIPartUtilities to switch meshes on and off. If anyone wants to help then visit the dev thread.

What does this mean?

I was talking about this little mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64117-0-25-Modular-Fuel-Tanks-v5-2-3

It allow some parts to have capacity for a resource that the user can choose, like this for a B9 Part:

ilm9yfs.jpg

That way people have more freedom about what resource want to put in the hubs, whether it is EC or fuel or life support stuff. If you have balance concern, however, I am fine with what I am given.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.