[1.0.5] Kip Engineering: All Docking Ports updated for 1.0.5! (11th Nov 2015)

CaptainKipard

The problem seem to be caused by [0.90] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.1.2 3/26/15 when I uninstall it, the problem disappears

Edit: the problem, is very easy to repoduce. Simply put any heavy items (like tanks) underneath it and try to release, joint reinforcement seem to stick them together with invisible struts

Edit: I found one possible solution, I downloaded this version, and the problem seem to be solved. Not sure what side effects it has

Does it happen with any kind of docking ports or just with AdaptiveDockingNode. This plugin belongs to toadicus. If it's a problem with this plugin then speak to him about it. His thread is linked in the OP.

Hey,

I m working on supporting your hubs and docking ports for the SETI-BalanceMod.

While browsing through your configs, I noticed that you use :FINAL statements to add TAC life support.

This is causing some problems, for example your kipihub does not have the amount of resources specified by you. I think the problem is, that TAC life support checks whether the parts with crew capacity (which the kipihub has) do have food.

But because you use the :FINAL statement, your modulemanager patch is not applied at this time.

So TAC does not find food and adds some.

Then your MM patch adds food resources as well, but now there are 2 food resource definitions within the part and only the first one from TAC life support is used.

Removing those :FINAL statements solves the problem for me and I can not see adverse effects.

Friendly PSA:

The new Universal Docking Ports (coming soonTM) will have textures in a different format, and the collision meshes will also be simplified and otherwise changed.

If you use them you will need to recover or delete all the craft that use them, delete the old parts, install the new parts and relaunch your craft with the new parts. If you don't want to launch them manually you can use Hyperedit.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Friendly PSA:

The new Universal Docking Ports (coming soonTM)

Cap,

In the process of building a Mun base and would hate to finish it and have to start over. Any projections on time line of release. I'm not in a big hurry and can wait, but just want to see if I want to wait or take another path for this base.

Out of curiosity, have you or anyone tried making the ports grabbable for KAS so they could be removed/re-added without having to delete and re-launch craft? (I might of just found something to do this weekend!! Hmmmmm........)

Cap,

In the process of building a Mun base and would hate to finish it and have to start over. Any projections on time line of release. I'm not in a big hurry and can wait, but just want to see if I want to wait or take another path for this base.

If I try really hard...one week. I have everything set up except the new geometry and textures, so it's just a matter of replacing the objects in Unity and re-exporting.

Out of curiosity, have you or anyone tried making the ports grabbable for KAS so they could be removed/re-added without having to delete and re-launch craft? (I might of just found something to do this weekend!! Hmmmmm........)

Not really. Having big parts like this removable seems overpowered to me.

I don't see the point.

It's mostly me being a little selfish and wanting to be able to use these mods through CKAN, which seems to not want to play nice with mediafire. However it's all up to you and I can live with installing them manually :)

• 2 weeks later...
here seems to a major problem with the non Non-androgynous docking port. whenever more than 2 part are connect, and the 3th item is heavy, it cannot undock

I have this same problem but only with the Universal Docking Port, no other port gives me this problem, will try with the version of KJR you linked in the morning, I have a part of my space station that needs deorbiting stuck to the rest of it at the moment despite saying undocked, quicksaved and tried to time warp out of it to hilarious results, the two parts drifted apart seemingly fine but when I came out of time warp they flew back together at extreme speeds and the whole thing flew off and out of kerbin orbit (somehow surviving the whole thing)

strange though never had a problem with the non-androgynous ones, they're my favorite docking ports! best design ever.

Yep the KJR fix worked a charm :)

Edited by Squiggsy

[table]

[tr]

[td]

== Universal Docking Ports v1.0 ==

A set of Universal Docking Ports designed for space tugs.

Important

• You MUST DELETE THE PREVIOUS INSTALLATION. If you have any craft using them you'll need to recover or delete them. Be careful not to delete any Kerbals inside the craft.
  • You must install both dependencies. Without them the docking ports will behave like regular docking ports, only attaching to other docking ports of the same size.
  • This mod includes an agency definition. If you need to uninstall this new mod (v1.0) you will need to make sure that you don't have the agency listed in any of the contract lists, included the completed ones. You must delete those contracts before uninstalling the mod.

Version 1.0 Features:

• 1.25m Port can attach to 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports and all other Universal Docking Ports
  • 2.5m Port can attach to 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, all other Universal Docking Ports as well as the KW 3m docking ring
  • 3.75m Port can attach to 3.75, 2.5m, 1.25m and 0.625m stock docking ports, all other Universal Docking Ports as well as the KW 3m docking ring
  • Forward facing light for easy docking
  • Compatible with Connected Living Space. Impassable

Download Universal Docking Ports from Mediafire

Dependencies

Optional

[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Usage:

The Universal Docking Ports work the same way a regular docking port would.

Thanks to Toadicus' Adaptive Docking Node plugin, the Universal Docking Ports now dock to any docking ports without dancing, and can undock with a single button.

Requires Module Manager in order to modify stock and KW docking ports for compatibility.

• Added small alignment indicator emissive lights
  • Added forward-facing light
  • Switch to NODE{}
  • Changed textures to MBM
  • Improved textures
  • Improved mesh
  • Added basic agency definition and logos

Have fun!

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Kip, I went to test my rebuild of ADN, but it looks like the NODE transforms on the new parts are pointed the wrong direction. The Editor enforces AttachNode directions now, and it won't let me attach something from "underneath" to the "bottom" node; it only clips through and attaches to the "top" node.

rHlPCp2HhJcd.png

HTH

Alright I'll get on that. I guess I have to update everything then because I've been using that orientation for all my parts thinking it's the correct one.

Same issues here.......and by the way....AWESOME redesign of the ports!!!!

Thankyou.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Not working for me either. The parts can still be attached to rockets in certain ways, but they don't seem to be working as docking ports. I can click on 'Set as target', but the targeting immediately disappears, and I can't dock to it. Also, a 'Decouple node' option (as with clamp-o-trons) would be great, so there's no need to add an extra separator. Not sure if this is inherent to functional docking ports.

"Decouple node" only appears when you attach docking ports in the editor by their respective docking nodes. It wont otherwise because there's nothing to decouple.

I'm aware of the problems with these parts and I'm working on it. Just sit tight. There's a lot of fiddling with the configs in light of all the new additions and tweaks to stock parts.

All parts updated for KSP 1.0

== Universal Docking Ports v1.1 ==

Download Universal Docking Ports from Mediafire

• Changed textures to DDS
  • Fixed stack nodes orientation
  • Various changes related to KSP 1.0

== Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set v0.9.1 ==

Download Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set from Mediafire

== Low Profile Structural Hub Set v2.2 ==

Low Profile Structural Hub Set from Mediafire

• Minor texture work
  • Fixed life support patches

Have fun!

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.