CaptainKipard

[1.0.5] Kip Engineering: All Docking Ports updated for 1.0.5! (11th Nov 2015)

Recommended Posts

I can't even see the OP because the first page has some thing that loads and crashes the browser.;.;

The only thing that it could be that I can think of is the sketchfab embeds.

Cpt. Kipard, Do I have permission to point NetKAN at this?

I don't even know what that is.

Furthermore, I think you are missing a license (I couldn't find one) and I think that having a license is a rule for release threads at this forum.

Personally, I wanted to know how I can mess around with this mod.

It does have a license in the readmes, I just forgot to state it in the op. You're free to mess with it under this license, but since I'm not completely gone from the forums if you'd like to do some work on them and have it uploaded as part of the mod I would prefer it if you worked with me rather than simply fork it. Please use this thread for all discussions regarding development.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AdaptiveDockingNode is no longer required; all functionality from AdaptiveDockingNode is now included in stock KSP as of 1.0.5:

* Docking ports now have gendered as an option, and support limited docking angles.
* Docking ports crossfeed state is now persistent and can be toggled in the editor and by action group.
* Docking ports can have their 'decouple' mode set to stageable.
* Docking ports node type field supports comma-delimited lists of valid types.

There are a few config changes that will be necessary; Kip, I'll PM you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All docking ports updated for KSP 1.0.5


== Universal Docking Ports v1.1.1 ==

Download Universal Docking Ports from Mediafire

v1.1.1 Changes

  • Removed redundant dependency
  • Updated multiple node size functionality for KSP 1.0.5
  • Moved 0.675/1.25 docking port to Precision Engineering in the tech tree


== Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set v0.9.2 ==

Download Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set from Mediafire

v0.9.2 Changes

  • Removed redundant dependency
  • Updated gendered functionality for KSP 1.0.5
  • Added limit for docking angle

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Docking ports now have gendered as an option, and support limited docking angles.

would someone be able to expand on these, or point to a thread/post that talks how to incorporate them into docking ports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the PM toadicus sent me explaining the fields.

Kip,

As I mentioned in your thread, ADN is no longer required as it's been completely stockified (thanks to NathanKell for going all the way at my request after he halfway-stockified it originally). You will need to remove the AdaptiveDockingNode modules from your parts, and move the relevant information to ModuleDockingNode.

For universals, just move the list of valid types up to nodeType, e.g.:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
nodeType = size0,size1,size2,size3
referenceAttachNode = top
nodeTransformName = n_top
}

For the non-androgynous ports, you need to set new fields "gendered" and "genderFemale" appropriately. Male ports are:

	gendered = true
genderFemale = false

and female:

	gendered = true
genderFemale = true

Androgynous ports can omit both fields, or specific gendered = false.

Additionally if you want to limit docking angles you need to add the following to your ModuleDockingNode


acquireMinRollDot = 0.998 //maximum megnetic acquire angle dot product. The closer to 1 the smaller the angle for acquisition.
captureMinRollDot = 0.99999 //maximum docking angle dot product. The closer to 1 the more restricted the docking angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='speedwaystar']these are really nice. you should put them on CKAN![/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if I can make it work with Mediafire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain, so is it safe to assume the Low Profile Hubs didnt need any changes, and still work for 1.0.5?

Thanx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you ever plan to add these things to CKAN? :P I checked and none of them are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated KSP to 1.0.5 this past weekend and now find the Universal Docking ports are no longer universal. They only mate with their like size parts. Thought it was something I did, but even stations in orbit that are multi-sized no longer work if I undock them and try and re-dock. Didn't see anything about this being an issue so curious if anyone has seen this and if there are any suggestions.

Thanks!

 

Update: Well, new ships work fine docking with other new ships. so, it looks like the issueis purely related to the all the existing ships and bases I have throughout the Kerbal system. Now the question (of which I really hope there is a simple answer)......how do I get all the existing deployed docking ports to work properly in 1.0.5? Is there something that can be done with MM or do I have to try and edit the save file (is that even possible)? I would hate to lose all the bases and stations I have deployed.

Thanks!

 

Edited by jmbailey2000
Update of findings/issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2015 at 3:18 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

Update: Well, new ships work fine docking with other new ships. so, it looks like the issueis purely related to the all the existing ships and bases I have throughout the Kerbal system. Now the question (of which I really hope there is a simple answer)......how do I get all the existing deployed docking ports to work properly in 1.0.5? Is there something that can be done with MM or do I have to try and edit the save file (is that even possible)? I would hate to lose all the bases and stations I have deployed.

Thanks!

 

This sounds familiar TBH. Launched parts don't seem to update sometimes. It's always been like this. You could raise this issue in the official bug tracker. IMO Parts should be updated in game if they're updated in GameData.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured as much. I finally gave up after trashing things a couple of times. I thought of building adapters which worked, but made it too clunky. I just scrapped my entire save and started over. Thank goodness for HyperEdit!!!

Thanks again!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2015 at 4:45 PM, toadicus said:

AdaptiveDockingNode is no longer required; all functionality from AdaptiveDockingNode is now included in stock KSP as of 1.0.5:

 

 

* Docking ports now have gendered as an option, and support limited docking angles.
* Docking ports crossfeed state is now persistent and can be toggled in the editor and by action group. 
* Docking ports can have their 'decouple' mode set to stageable. 
* Docking ports node type field supports comma-delimited lists of valid types.

 

There are a few config changes that will be necessary; Kip, I'll PM you.

Are those the change notes from KSP 1.0.5?  I sort of understand what "AdaptiveDockingNode is no longer required", but not completely.  Was that an older mod that performed some (particulars?) functionality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, those notes are from KSP 1.0.5.  Specifically, the describe changes that mean KSP now does everything that AdaptiveDockingNode -- formerly a dependency of the universal and non-androgynous docking ports -- ever did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those not able to recreate the Mediafire links from what was left over I've simplified it by just rehosting them on Dropbox (which is possible thanks to them being CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).

So get them all here, all credit goes to CaptainKipard. I'll delete them once he reappears and reuploads them somewhere else.

 

-----------------

Rehosted all the mods Here

These are not updated to 1.1, these are the old 1.0.5 versions, try at you own risk.

Freethinker has uploaded  Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set onto Spacedock so maybe use that instead.

Edited by Chonner
Making it more obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chonner said:

For those not able to recreate the Mediafire links from what was left over I've simplified it by just rehosting them on Dropbox (which is possible thanks to them being CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).

So get them all here, all credit goes to CaptainKipard. I'll delete them once he reappears and reuploads them somewhere else.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.