Is there an option to keep unread threads marked as unread?

Kasuha

What the title says. This is the first and only forum I have ever met which forgets that there are threads or posts which I have not seen yet and it sometimes gets rather uncomfortable as I am missing on replies and updates which I don't want to miss.

Sometimes when I come here, nothing is marked as unread. And in general, things older than a few hours get unmarked even though I have not seen them. Some other times my own posts are marked as new updates. I don't get it. And I don't like it. I went all through options and settings and did not find anything that looks like it's related to that. Can anything be done about it?

Not much can be done, unfortunately; as far as anyone has been able to ascertain (to my knowledge), it's a bug in vBulletin itself. Something about having multiple sessions going concurrently, and vBulletin can't keep the cookies working properly with that for some weird reason.

Hmm it's true that I'm visiting from two places - my work PC and my home PC. But problems appear all the time, not just when I switch between the two. I might try to copy the cookie between the two but if the forum keeps all my sessions still open it might be problem because I have changed the PC both in work and at home recently and I may have sessions to those old PCs still open, too.

Edited by Kasuha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.