What is your 'Specialty' in KSP?

roblamb98

Historical spacecraft. It's a bit more meta than most stock players go, but in general, I deal in historic replicas and realism configs. And in pestering modelers to make their historical models more accurate. :)

Big -ish crafts with plenty of engines and Russian replicas. Mostly because those are harder.

[spoiler= I Found Out! :)]clxcWkK.png

PortlyGracefulAfricangroundhornbill.gif

oWzXLXr.png

Rumor has it we got spoilers back. How to use them?

Edited by Redrobin

I definitely like my SSTOs, though the vast majority of them fail to achieve the "TO" part. I've recently been experimenting with SSTO heavy lifters, but so far a working design has eluded me. Some of my more recent attempts:

HSTp-1 "Atlas" -- Too nose heavy, tended to fall out of the sky.

WdFYYoll.png1xEb3s1l.png

HSTp-2 (no given name) -- Not enough rocket fuel, failed to make orbit; adding more makes the plane too heavy.

T9M2LrPl.pngYiI6lzHl.png

Earlier attempts (pre-RAPIER engine):

Three similar designs, all failures:

V2jZN3r.jpg

First ever attempt:

yesurWLl.jpg?1

On the other hand, some of my non-heavy-lifting designs have been very successful:

"Hercules":

qCkSdQol.jpg

"Photon":

R77EIxcl.jpg

I forget the name of this one:

oOt138sl.jpg

I've also dabbled in atmospheric aircraft, typically focusing on novel ideas including airliners, flying boats, and open-cockpit biplanes, but I think that's enough images for one post.

Edited by nerdboy64

My speciality must be something about taking it slow, and exploring thoroughly, like I'm building up a history for the kerbals. I don't believe in only letting your kerbal stay ten minutes on a planet he spent two months getting to.

That, and crazy creations.

1GlbXLql.png

G0BOvctl.png

Sdot0P6l.png

vUJeCB6l.png

I prefer travelling with spacecraft that have the odd unusual feature or two, and spending time mucking about when I get where I'm going.

Edited by Tw1

High speed docking like a pro intergalactic bank robber!

UbjcjmD.jpg

Sometimes you need to slow down docking an orbital silo to your battlecruiser. Spontaneous Kessler from wobble can often result.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.