The ARM megathread

KvickFlygarn87

Concerning the looks of the new large parts, Is it just me or do they look out of place?

I just think that they look to NASA-y. They don't look Kerbal enough.

Maybe that's because NASA helped make them?

Guys, there's a reason this is referred to as a special patch, and not just .24. It's a special project in conjunction with NASA, so yeah, it's gonna have a little bit of a NASA feel to it.

Plans are there to be scrapped.

Exactly my logic! I told my girlfriend that when ARM drops, I'll be out of commission for awhile. :sticktongue:

QUESTION: I know that the ARM update is similar to an "add-on" but will it be part of the game? Soooo, when .24 drops will it include the NASA parts and Asteroids? Or will I have to play 23.5 for Asteroids and NASA?

Edited by bigdad84

Exactly my logic! I told my girlfriend that when ARM drops, I'll be out of commission for awhile. :sticktongue:

QUESTION: I know that the ARM update is similar to an "add-on" but will it be part of the game? Soooo, when .24 drops will it include the NASA parts and Asteroids? Or will I have to play 23.5 for Asteroids and NASA?

Yes, it's just like a regular update so the parts will still be there.

You know guys, they may just be putting up a video for a release date announcement, like they did with .22.

That may be, but a date (I'm guessing they wouldn't announce a date more than 1 or 2 days in advance) has a whole lot more substance than SoonTM.

It's likely some will need to be updated, in Scott Manleys new video I think kerbal engineering had issues with the new 2.5 engine + fuel tank part for example.

Some modders are part of the testing team and are sometimes able to get a new release of the mod pretty soon after the update hits though :)

Edit: Also I think it was mentioned somewhere that old saves won't have asteroids in them, you'll have to start a new save to get them.

Does anyone know if the arm update is going to require all mods to be updated? I just finished a 16 mission station and I'd like to keep it and get the asteroids.

If you use mods and want to keep playing with them, make sure you back up your KSP directory somewhere before updating. Or install the new version to a new directory. Not all mods necessarily need an update with every release but any of them may need one. Part mods are usually more safe than mods that provide functionality.